What are you paying from brand name proscar?

Spanker

My $9 generic has served my well so far, but I'm just wondering. Thanks.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I know there was some discussion about whether or not generic Proscar was as effective. Apparently some people were complaining about it. Namebrand Proscar was costing me about $80 or so every three months but since I was taking 1.25 mg every other day it would last me about six months. That said, I haven't taken any finasteride for at least a year maybe two at this point.

Best wishes,

Bill

How's your hair holding up Bill?

I think I'm paying ?200 for a 13 month supply....which is probably way over the odds but still better than other sources

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Tommy,

My hair is holding up good, about the same as it's been since my last hair transplant grew in on matured. Even though I don't use Propecia or Proscar or any finasteride related products anymore, I haven't lost any additional hair in the back. That said, it is thinner back they're both in the crown and the area below and sometimes I consider getting another hair transplant just to thicken it. That said, I don't feel insecure about it and overall, I'm pretty confident about my hair.

Perhaps it's time for me to take some new and updated pictures and present it to the community.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 4 weeks later...
I haven't taken any finasteride for at least a year maybe two at this point.

Best wishes,

Bill

hi Bill,can I ask why you stopped taking finasteride?

is it becauae risk of prostate cancer which was found just few years ago?

I ask because I'm myself long time user of finasteride (10+ years) and recently considering stopping it due to that risk.(although I never had any side effect)

I have heard similar. For me I started on Proscar and it has worked for me. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 2 weeks later...
hi Bill,can I ask why you stopped taking finasteride?

is it becauae risk of prostate cancer which was found just few years ago?

I ask because I'm myself long time user of finasteride (10+ years) and recently considering stopping it due to that risk.(although I never had any side effect)

i remember about that study are there any other studies showing that?