Help! Hairloss has started again!

Hi all,

Brief background: I had no noticeable MPB until around 25. I went through a very difficult/ stressful break and during this time through lack of sleep/ diet/ depression I experienced significant hair line recession. I have been researching HT for the last 4 years and up until around 3 months ago was extremely confident that my hair loss was very stable.

I started a new job this year and the last 2/3 months have been extremely stressful. Coupled with this, in the last 3 weeks I have been extremely sick with flu like symptoms. I have been to the doctor who believes it is a dry viral infection that has got into my throat/ lungs as I had scans, blood tests, etc to rule anything more severe.

I must note that I had traditionally always taken a very strong multi vitamin and two high potency fish oil tablets. I have stopped taking these in the last month, mainly because I believe I could be possibly over dosing on these chemicals and I wanted to give the liver a break. I have also completely stopped exercising since I have been sick meaning I am getting limited exercise given I work in an office type job.

Anyway in the last 4 days I have been getting similar amounts of hair loss in the shower to when I went through this extremely stress full break up. I literally wipe my hand through my hair and it is just covered in hairs! :(

I'm really against taking medication because last time I did this during the breakup I believe it accentuated my depression. But I'm wondering if I should take it temporarily while I get through this period and hopefully it does last to long... or maybe I should start taking the vitamin and fish oil again?

Please help, any advice/ feedback would be appreciated!

PS I know hair loss has not started again so to speak but rather accelerated!

• Administrators

Stress can accelerate MPB, unless you're on preventive measures like finasteride, minoxidil, and nizoral, the hair you're losing may not always return or may return thinner this is the miniaturization process. Hair restoration should be the last thing on your mind, because at present moment your hair is not stable, any trauma from surgery could lead to a massive shock loss which would mean months of looking even balder. I would suggest the big 3 if you're not already on them, if you don't want to take finasteride try a dermaroller, nizoral and laser therapy. This could at least help slow the loss down.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.