Non Shaven Long Hair FUE Video

Janna

In this video, we demonstrate how Shapiro Medical performs the non shaven FUE. Grafts/hairs are selected, then the hairs trimmed 10-15 hairs at a time. These grafts will then be extracted before the next set of grafts are trimmed and extracted.

Depending where the grafts are placed, the patient usually leaves with no sign of having surgery. It's a time consuming technique. We like to do 500 grafts or less in a single day.

Non shaven FUE technique is very intriguing. I'd love to find a Dr. that can do non shave in a larger session. I've had 3500 over 2 day, thought the results were great. Unforgettably, I probably need another 2000 through the midscalp and some on the vertex. My biggest, and only, issue with the first procedure was the shaved head afterwards. I would be extremely open having a 2 or 3 guard as a shave setting vs the 1 guard.

• 3 weeks later...

Janna. Many clinics make the claim of non shaven FUE, usually meaning they don't shave the recipient area, or they lift the hair to shave a strip in the donor area giving the appearance of non shaven. Having chatted with Matt recently about this video he confirmed neither the donor or recipient area are shaved/trimmed making this a true non shaven FUE technique.

If I ever need another surgery this is what I'll go with.

Very intriguing process Janna, thanks for sharing. With the amount of additional time involved, how much does this increase the cost per graft for the patient?

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.