Hair Transplant Temple Region Concern

illbehair

Hi all,

Im new to this forum and this is my first post. Hope someone more experienced can help me with my concern here.

But a little background, I have a hereditarily high and wide hairline but not much genetic hair loss in my family so I decided to get a hair transplant to reduce the width of my hairline by transplanting hair into the temple and side regions.

After some initial research I decided on Transest in Istanbul due to price and convenience as I am living in Germany right now. After arriving and a quick explanation of what I wanted, Dr. Altan said okay and proceeded to shave the sides and back of my hair. I ended up getting 2500 grafts from the donor in the mid back of my head to the top and sides of my hairline, and some into my sideburn region. I did not question the doctors plans and he did not explain too much to me about hair direction or texture anything as I thought he knew what he was doing

I am now 7 days post op and healing seems to be going well but I see and feel that the grafts in my temple and sideburn region are not in the right direction (grafted hair sticks out whereas natural hair is more closer to scalp), and also the hair texture is different (my back of head hair is coarser/darker than those along the side of my hairline) I have attached photos here.

Am I being paranoid here or was the grafts not in the right direction?

I have reached out to my doctor and he just keeps assuring me it'll be okay, but I cant imagine the hair changing direction once it sheds and grows back.

Now i heavily regret not doing more research beforehand and asking more questions and addressing the concerns.

IMG_20160329_015900_AO_HDR.thumb.jpg.a136581f0d86208668bf9614d2ffcfa8.jpg

IMG_20160329_021510_AO_HDR.thumb.jpg.3e12759b589247e70c76178c86968f65.jpg

IMG_20160329_020534_BURST3.thumb.jpg.f87939a5144ccbd1649a4dd07c2894be.jpg

IMG_20160329_015917_AO_HDR.thumb.jpg.821a9768976b1ea3213d89b09545cc29.jpg

Edited by illbehair

You will probably be fine. However, my experience included the doctor carefully selecting donor area hairs that would be suitable for the area being transplanted. This type of surgery also has an element of artisan workmanship. Hairs are inserted at particular angles and caliper of hair is also considered. Again, I think you will be okay after the new hair begins to grow in 4-5 months. Be patient and keep us posted here on the HTN website. Best of luck. Also....thank you for your military service there in Germany.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Illbehair,

I am not familiar with your surgeon however, physicians are typically very conscientious about placing hairs in the same direction that the native hair grows so that everything grows in and looks natural. It's hard to tell by looking at the pictures but the best thing to do at this point is to wait it out. The transplanted hair will most likely all fall out and a few weeks and then begin growing back and 3 to 6 months and be done growing and maturing between 12 and 18 months.

Hang in there and keep us posted.

Bill

Thanks for the feedback John Casper and Bill.

The doctor was not too thorough with the process in explaining the details, which is why I am a bit paranoid. I also wish I had researched more before going in.

Now I realized that temple hair grafts should be single hair grafts and typically taken from nape of the neck due to hair texture. After some careful examination I can clearly see 2 and 3 hair grafts in my temple region, which may explain why there is this hardness feeling to the hair there.

Anyways, I realized theres not much I can do at this stage except wait and hope for the best. I'm mentally preparing for the worst, which is to have a second small 1000 graft procedure to fix these areas later if necessary.

Illbehair, thanks for sharing. Could you possibly post any immediate post-op photos?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

MrGio-WHTCClinic,

Unfortunately nothing really high quality. Also, there was a lot of bleeding/scabbing immediately post op so its tough to see much.

Would it be more useful in determining the angle placement of grafts? Im quite certain it did not change from Day 0 to Day 7

It definitely makes a difference to have the immediate post-ops, because the positions can change. Immediately post-op, you may see the grafts are more hydrated or higher from the scalp surface.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get too discouraged, you may be very happy with the results in a few months. Be patient. That said....you are correct regarding placement of temple grafts and where they were harvested. Same goes for frontal hairline. I know my grafts were strategically selected and placed to form a natural hairline. Hang in there....hope you're pleased in a few months.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 8 months later...