bad itching post-op

I had 3700 FUE done 3 weeks ago, my donor area has been itching on and off pretty badly, mostly at night when my head comes into contact with the pillow. It's pretty bad. The scabs fell off, and I've been careful to avoid scratching. There is no infection.

Any suggestiong to keep the itching down? More frequent vs. less frequent washing? Should I try dandruff shampoo? When does the itching go away?

Also, my hair has grown a bit after the surgery and the recipient area still has a big bald spot on the crown, and it's still has some red spots and pimples. When should the transplanted hair start to grow, on average? Most of it fell off, which I know is supposed to happen.

Thanks.

Itching is normal and will go away after a week or two.

Try using a towel to gently rub the scalp, but make sure you dont rub too hard.

You wont see any new hair regrowth for at least 3 to 5 months, so relax and dont worry about your head

my doc said that I should notify him if I got pimples in the donor area. I have had minor itching maybe once or twice a day but no pimples yet (knock on wood). I have been putting pain relief Neosporin or regular bacitracin on it.

I think you should give your dr a call. I think there is a prescription medicine that can be prescribed to deal with pimple and itching.

You would be amazed at how much using a rich aloe vera cream will help with the itching, pimples, redness, etc.

You can also start using an aloe based shampoo which will also bring some relief...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

i've used aloe vera gel, didn't help with the itching...never heard of a cream, can i buy it any pharmacy?

thanks for all the advice, the itching is down, it comes and goes..mostly during the night when i'm rubbing my head against the pillow...

i guess i was wrong to describe them as pimples...they're just tiny little bumps left after the scabs came off...i guess it's part of healing.

Neosporin should help with itching in the donor area.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I would advise searching for the best products online...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY