Are those cobblstonning ?

Hi

Can you check the pic? After 8 months i still have small things under each root, they are smaller than before but they are still there, try to zoom it, they are less than size of acne but as they are so many they give an ugly effect, totally ruin my hair transplant

Are those cobblstonning ?scars ? Or because of the thickness of the hair they look like this ? Is there any solution ? What i should do to remove them? If i remove the hair can the skin back smooth again

They are so small there should be a solution

image.thumb.jpg.493b6d041fde34810d981f0e369ac5b1.jpg

Sam, this can potentially be from the peripheral size of the grafts were just a tad bit larger than the size of the recipient sites. When the incisions heal, there can be a tendency for a slight tiny bump to form at the base of each graft. It is not cobblestoning.

Some surface lasering may be able to smooth out the tiny bumps without destroying the imbedded follicles however you will probably lose the hair shafts in the process.

Have you notified your doctor of this?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I did not see him for a while, i will see him in the next 10 days, last time he said everyting is fine but you need time

I hope you right and this is not cobblstonning, but what you describe is cobblstonning (receipient sites < graft size )

if laser resurface can help i will do it, right now as per my dermatologist i m using a cream for eczema (atopic dermititis) with moisture and ice pack pressure everyday it helps me to reduce the pinkness and itching also the sizes of those dots are smaller now and i notice also my hair is become fuller with this cream

Edited by Sam23

After 8 months they become smaller than before, but still abnormal,

I do not know if removing couple few hairs by laser or electrolysis to amend the hairline, those tiny things will go away or will remain

Gillenator,

Sam is right. When a tiny bump appears around the recipient site, in particular because the graft was too large for the recipient site, this popping is referred to as cobblestoning. Whether or not this is what Sam is experiencing however, I'm not sure by the pictures, but by very description, I think we are talking about the same thing but just referring to it as two different things.

Sam, if possible, I suggest visiting or surgeon in person so he or she can evaluate the area. Or perhaps if there is another respected surgeon closer by, you can consult with him or her instead.

Best wishes,

Bill

Go through your surgery contract and the other forms that you signed because most doctors and clinics use "release of liability" disclosures and often state the results cannot be guaranteed.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY