Number of grafts/donor area

Hi. i am a 26 year old, thinking of a possible HT to my receding hairline and crown.

Wondering how many grafts ill need and if my donor area is acceptable?

top of head pic seems better than it is because i have some toppik on in crown area.

Not on any meds atm. thanks!

image1.thumb.JPG.198da5f141bac97ab0d2202bb5085cf0.JPG

image2.thumb.JPG.41fc938628d676b0f640ac3b983eee0b.JPG

image3.JPG.758fe2d66d54e2e6fd79c754b03fe8da.JPG

image4.thumb.JPG.68fab8de93d8164a97b228b77a9a6e49.JPG

image5.thumb.JPG.520c687fcb0b787f303b36dc10950fb3.JPG

Rider,

From what I can tell in the pictures you do not appear to be a candidate for hair transplant surgery. You appear quite young and basically possess a full head of hair other than a few minor areas of thinning. You do however, appear to be a good candidate for medical therapy which includes Propecia and Rogaine or the generic versions are fine too. In my opinion, I would research both of these treatments and if you understand.net, with the potential for side effects, use them for about a year or two and see if they have helped to at least maintain your existing hair and even possibly helped to reverse the process.

After that time, you can then determine whether or not you still wants a hair transplant.

This may not be what you want to hear however, do understand that hair transplant surgery is based on the principle of supply and demand. People who experience extreme baldness will always have more demand then supply so in the early stages you are, when hair loss is unpredictable, it is important to plan ahead and wisely and not use up all of your donor hair in small areas of sending to achieve maximum density when later you may not have enough donor hair to even put in areas of complete baldness, leaving you with a very unnatural, patchy head of hair.

I hope the above helps explain why I am recommending medical therapy prior to considering any surgical hair restoration.

Best wishes,

Bill

Very well stated Bill...;)

And I could not agree more. The other apparent risk is that starting surgery now especially in the crown can induce and fuel some rapid loss ahead of it's genetic time clock.

With so much hair mass at present, you might end up with some level of permanent shock as there is obvious diffusion in the crown. You then end up chasing the loss with more procedures and find yourself in much more of a dilemma.

If it were me, I would use the meds and maybe even some concealers for now.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi. i am a 26 year old, thinking of a possible HT to my receding hairline and crown.

Wondering how many grafts ill need and if my donor area is acceptable?

top of head pic seems better than it is because i have some toppik on in crown area.

Not on any meds atm. thanks!

Not trying to be harsh, but why would you post pics with Toppik in it? Can you post pics without it so we can your true loss?

Honestly im not really interested in crown atm. Is it advisable to only do hairline HT now and leave crown for later?

Most guys focus on their frontal zone because it's the area that we are mostly viewed by especially as we interact with others. And it's the hairline that frames our face and why I believe most individuals see that area as a higher priority in restoration.

The crown can potentially demand as much as 60% or so of available scalp donor which is just another reason why many guys dedicate their limited grafts for their hairline and frontal zone.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY