dr e griffin

rohamonster

He is a coalition doctor, so one would expect good results. However, I haven't seen but maybe a couple of his patients results posted on this forum. It would be nice to see some "real time" results on this forum of his work. I currently live in Atlanta, so the "closeness factor" is highly enticing. However, seeing Dr. Cooley's work routinely posted/updated on this forum makes me want to make a drive over to North Carolina.

I've seen some of his results, and I even went to him for a consult. A poster, Transplant Dude?? had a procedure with him and was really happy.

For various reasons, I drove within a mile of his office on 285 on my way to Charlotte to have Cooley do my procedure. I think he does quality work, though.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

rohamonster,

I haven't seen too many Dr. Griffin patients on the forum recently. However, Dr. Griffin has been reviewed by our community and visited by our Publisher Pat Hennessey. We found his work to be ultra refined so we invited him to become a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. To see our high standards for Coalition membership, click here.

In my opinion, he's certainly worth consulting with and considering for your hair transplant procedure.

Best wishes,

Bill

i got a price of 1700 follicular units- 3400+ follicles for $10,000 dollars im guessing a little high, but i think the survival rate and minimal scar and the fact i would not have to travel, ( during and for follow up visits). I was told by bosely that i could get 3000 for $11000.00 that they had a cancellation and a slot to fill, seemed just a reason to come down on the price, i think they had said 3000 graft , would be like 8000 grafts , they even said i could have someone take out the stiches( dont seem like they were concerned about follow up? sorry for the rambling

Don't even consider Bosley....10k for 1700 grafts is extremely high-priced, though. IMO, you are doing a good job beginning to research HTs and the clinics who do them, so keep it up!

Yield, closure techniques (i.e. scarring), consistency, session-sizes, and "artistry" (i.e. graft placement, angulation, etc.) are all very important, and it is good to compare how various clinics stack up against one another. Make sure you get the right # of grafts with the right clinic for you to ensure you have the best chance at being satisfied!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by rohamonster:

i got a price of 1700 follicular units- 3400+ follicles for $10,000 dollars im guessing a little high, but i think the survival rate and minimal scar and the fact i would not have to travel, ( during and for follow up visits). I was told by bosely that i could get 3000 for $11000.00 that they had a cancellation and a slot to fill, seemed just a reason to come down on the price, i think they had said 3000 graft , would be like 8000 grafts , they even said i could have someone take out the stiches( dont seem like they were concerned about follow up? sorry for the rambling

rohamonster,

If you're in the Atlanta area, as am I, then you might consider driving to Charlotte as well. Now, I think Griffin does quality work, but he was a little too high for me as well. And, he prescribed me topical finasteride, which he made at his office, for $38 per month and I took it for two years. Several doctors have since told me it didn't work topically, so that turned me off somewhat.

My quote from Cooley was 2500 grafts for $10,000. If you pay in certified check, there is a 10% discount, so I ended up paying $9,000. That price includes two nights in a hotel. It's really not a tough drive from Atlanta.

I'm not trying to pimp him, but his prices were just about the lowest of any doc I consulted with. And, I think he's very good as well.

But, there is something to be said for having the doctor in town. Maybe you could offer Griffin $8000 for 2,000 grafts. All he can say is no.

Having said all that, I'd give Griffin that or more before I'd go near a Bosley. It's just too risky; you might get a certified hack doing your transplant.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

• 3 weeks later...

I am another Dr. Cooley patient that first saw Dr. Griffin for a consult. The price difference was extraordinary. With such a good feeling from Dr. Cooley, positive comments on the forum, and looking at results, it became a very easy decision. I am 5 months post and for various personal reasons haven't been active on the forum or have posted pictures in a while. None of the reasons have anything to do with the hair transplant. Feel free to send me a message if you want to see my progress in person. Good luck.

4,686 grafts = 9,905 hairs with Dr. Cooley 9/24/08

My Hair Loss WebLog