A one-off stand alone HT feasible?

Thanks for your reply. My crown isn't ok really...my hair was long enough there but in sunlight or if its wet, its not ok. I can disguise my hair loss somewhat at the moment but its getting tougher.

I am going to shave my head down in a couple of weeks to see what it looks like. And yes I could live with a short term (maybe 5 years) of a result before shaving/buzzing down with a cut with more hair(because of the ht).

But I haven't completely ruled out a second ht. I just don't want it to be endless....3,4 etc.

If I got 2500 grafts now and a further 2500 grafts in 5,6 years, given the worst case scenario of my hair loss, would that give me a good result?

But ya the idea would be to shore up the mid front, a good hairline and then an even number across the rest of the scalp and then when the time comes that it no longer looks good...decision time again....another HT or shave down/buzz cut

Thanks for your reply. My crown isn't ok really...my hair was long enough there but in sunlight or if its wet, its not ok. I can disguise my hair loss somewhat at the moment but its getting tougher.

I am going to shave my head down in a couple of weeks to see what it looks like. And yes I could live with a short term (maybe 5 years) of a result before shaving/buzzing down with a cut with more hair(because of the ht).

But I haven't completely ruled out a second ht. I just don't want it to be endless....3,4 etc.

If I got 2500 grafts now and a further 2500 grafts in 5,6 years, given the worst case scenario of my hair loss, would that give me a good result?

But ya the idea would be to shore up the mid front, a good hairline and then an even number across the rest of the scalp and then when the time comes that it no longer looks good...decision time again....another HT or shave down/buzz cut

As I wrote earlier 2500 will do you a lot of good now. What happens in the future happens in the future. Your "back" of crown is really solid now; all your loss is on top of scalp. Who knows - maybe your back of crown stays that way forever. Or it stars falling apart tomorrow.

No one is doing endless surgeries - there are a few freaks ;) here who are doing 3-4-5 sessions but most people are doing 1-2. If the back of crown stays intact I think you will really be in good shape for 8-10 years. Then who knows - only your body can tell us where it is headed. I would expect more loss on top of scalp over time but the wildcard is the crown. A crown can suck up 2000 grafts if someone wants to go hog wild in covering it. If you dont need it, 5000 over your life is probably going to be more than adequate. If you lose much of your crown in 10 years you will need a bigger 2nd surgery and you can deal with it then.

You are looking for near guarantees in a world where there are none.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).