*VIDEO* What does an FUT surgery REALLY look like? Dr Bloxham, Feller/Bloxham - NY

FellerMedical

Hello everyone,

Dr Bloxham and Dr Feller know there is always a lot of conversation about FUE vs FUT on the forums! But they recently noticed that a lot of people are talking not about the scarring or results or growth, but how the actual surgeries differ.

It seemed like people may have seen videos of FUE surgeries being performed, but maybe not as many have seen an actual FUT surgery. So the doctors asked me to share a video they shot a while back of Dr Bloxham doing a strip surgery.

Dr Bloxham asked me to share this....

The patient in this video is 10 months out from an FUT procedure focused on rebuilding his entire frontal scalp. He returned for another FUT to fill as much of the posterior mid scalp and anterior/central crown as possible. The surgery called for a slightly greater emphasis on coverage versus sheer density, and 1,500 grafts were extracted and used to achieve this goal. Note that the density is greatest on the left and the grafts arch from left to right to help maintain his natural whorl pattern.

Here is the video. Warning.... it does show uncensored surgery.

Enjoy!

Tara

Feller & Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Dr. Feller is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Bloxham is Recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

I think this is helpful to see examples of one way to do FUT surgery.

Readers should understand that there are variations, including injection technique protocol, strip removal method (including vertically/horizontally), suture/staple techniques, placement/angle protocols, and many other factors that are numerous. One interesting reveal is he used what look like scissors to make the recipient slots for the graft. Recipient slots can be made with gauged needles, individually cut surgical blades, and other means. Perhaps Dr. Bloxam can expand on why he used the perceived scissor edges.

All in all I think it it great that an established coalition member who has taken on a new, non-caolition Doctor is willing to post a small portion of his technique for a video that may be informative. As always, new patients should do their research and try to understand that each doctor's technique may vary.

This raises another question for the moderators... (next post)

Dear Bill (or David):

Are Non-Coalition, non-recommend Doctors allowed to post videos on this site? I think the answer would be yes, if that doctor wishes to be considered for membership. It may be helpful to inform or remind readers of the rules, as Dr. Bloxam has is not a coalition Doctor recommended by this network. AS (BILL) noted in another post:

"Regarding Dr. Bloxham, when he establishes himself in time, we can consider him for recommendation and eventually Coalition membership."