Timing for hair transplant growth

So I'm four months, one week post-op from my transplant with Dr. Rahal. Everything seems to be going fine, but just in the interest of managing expectations, what percentage of grafts have typically sprouted around this time? Obviously there are tons of grafts already sprouted that need to mature and thicken, but how long does it take before all of the grafts have BEGUN to grow--regardless of maturation? The reason I'm asking is that the density of what is growing so far is OK but not adequate, and I'm not seeing many new sprouts.

Hey bud. Was wondering the same. I'm at 4 months / 1 week.

I'm estimating here, but I'd say roughly 75% of my hairs have sprouted to some degree. With 50% of those hairs being 1.5 inches long, but with weak density so far. The other 25% being a shorter length and flimsier.

The remaining 25% is the area where I have not seen the root push through yet. There's only one small area (about the size of an eyedrop) that is noticeably imbalanced so far.

Net/Net: I'm waiting for roughly 25% of my hairs to "show up" and 75% to grow and mature and become awesome.

Hey bud. Was wondering the same. I'm at 4 months / 1 week.

I'm estimating here, but I'd say roughly 75% of my hairs have sprouted to some degree. With 50% of those hairs being 1.5 inches long, but with weak density so far. The other 25% being a shorter length and flimsier.

The remaining 25% is the area where I have not seen the root push through yet. There's only one small area (about the size of an eyedrop) that is noticeably imbalanced so far.

Net/Net: I'm waiting for roughly 25% of my hairs to "show up" and 75% to grow and mature and become awesome.

I'm about 4.5 months post-op and experiencing the same. Density is adequate but still hoping for much more density/maturation. I'm also not really seeing any new hair sprout. Wishing the best for you guys.

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

How do your sides compare to your forelock balance/growth?

Tough to tell. There was already hair in the middle, so it's much tougher to tell how much is growing. Seems to be doing OK. I'm probably just freaking out, but people always talk about how things are "sprouting like crazy," but I'm not seeing that. There was definitely plenty of growth between 2.5 and 3.5 months, but if it largely stops now the coverage will be lacking.

win - i'm about 4 months post op with Rahal too, this is my 2nd FUE with him, at this stage you are definitely not done in terms of new growth - possibly 50% or so - if you don't think you're on track, you should definitely send in some photos to Dr. Rahal, I"m seeing him for my follow up personally when he visits the NYC area -

Patience is virtue, guys. We have a small idea on where patients should be at a certain point, and often I think we make the mistake of expecting growth or even a final result based on a photo of someone who's case is similar. The reality is, every part of the process is individual.

The good things is all 3 of you are at the EARLIEST stage of when growth happens. Best of luck to all of you!

I posted a similar topic a few weeks ago. Gillenator's response makes sense: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182276-newly-transplanted-hair-cycles.html

I am/was fascinated by how hair taken from the same region at the same length could behave so differently.

Like YouOnlyLIveOnce said, there's a reason patience is the virtue most often mentioned. I think we just have to suck it up and be careful to judge yet.

Hey guys!

Welcome on board!

Im one month in front of you so im 5,5 months post op right now.

I have loads of stubbles everywhere in the recipient.

But i also have a fair amount of "long" hairs already.

And it looks a little bit weird right now.

But uf i buzz it down i have to wait even longer..

Its annoying.

I hope i will gain density in the next coming 2-3 months.

Im really pissed about the waiting haha.

Give it time, guys.

I know you're anxious but four months is when you're just starting to see a bit of reasonable growth. By month six, you should really see things start to shape up well. Month eight and beyond, you should see some very satisfying growth and fill.

From the first time I had a transplant, I've always heard the same thing - it will take 12-18 before it's fully "completed'.