6 month results - Dr. Paul Shapiro - 4,300 grafts

Wcbm8d

On August 3rd of 2015 I had my first hair restoration . I was informed due to my young age, extent of hair loss, future loss, and thin/lightweight hair I will always have a bald area in the back. The nice thing is I can make it go away when I use the caboki concealer.

I started using finasteride in August as well. I have used rogaine for many years . ( 7-8 )

The donor scar- non issue --- I have always kept my hair on the sides 3/4 to an inch long.

The surgery itself - painless - post op for about a week it was a little sore, and sleeping with the staples is uncomfortable. But no big deal... I was very happy to get the staples out.

Thank you to this website and its members for sharing experiences and all your help. Although I have never posted much I was always reading up , which lead me to Shapiro medical. I had had other consults locally but ultimately made the trip to go to Shapiro. Because of this website.....

1. Found the right surgeon

2. Chose FUT via strip method ( works best for ME)

3. Had realistic expectations

4. Knew what was going to go on post op.

image.thumb.jpeg.bacac321a89de6bfe36335b6e0ae8ff7.jpeg

Thanks for sharing. You can benefit when you manage expectations.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Administrators

Looking good man another 6 months to go of thickening and maturing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 months later...

Hi Wcbm8d,

Thank you so much for documenting your progress. Your progress is coming along very nicely. Remember that the hairs will continue to thicken up to 14-15 months after surgery. We really do appreciate you posting. Please feel free to get in touch anytime with questions.