Propecia users ATTENTION

Mikey79

check out this site www.propeciahelp.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=32e

I hope I won't get kicked out :0

As some of you might noticed how I was very interested in HT and learning about the process and all. Up untill today I was thinking of getting Propecia or Proscar meds, because I still have queit a bit of hair left on my scalp. Then I cam across this web site, and now, well I don't know what to think. I know tha many users here don't have any significant side effects or maybe they don't know of any yet.

I just wanted to share this information with others, perhaps not every one knows how bad it can be. I mean seeing how many people suffer after using Propecia stuff made me realize that gambling with your health is not an option, well not to me at least.

check out this site www.propeciahelp.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=32e

I hope I won't get kicked out :0

As some of you might noticed how I was very interested in HT and learning about the process and all. Up untill today I was thinking of getting Propecia or Proscar meds, because I still have queit a bit of hair left on my scalp. Then I cam across this web site, and now, well I don't know what to think. I know tha many users here don't have any significant side effects or maybe they don't know of any yet.

I just wanted to share this information with others, perhaps not every one knows how bad it can be. I mean seeing how many people suffer after using Propecia stuff made me realize that gambling with your health is not an option, well not to me at least.

I know it's scary starting a new drug, and of course the choice to do so is yours. If it's going to make you worry and stress you out, maybe it would be a good idea to stay off it - because if you worry about it too much and anything happens, you will blame it on propecia (finasteride) and you may even cause side effects to happen (the brain is very powerful).

But just a quick note on your link mate: If you search for side-effects of any drug on the market, you are going to find countless threads. Really, try it. Any drug you can think off, put the name into google, then put in side effects. Asprin side effects for example, returns up 761,000 results and "Orange side effect" returns 3,390,000 results; while finasteride - only 526,000 results.

My point is, there are side effects to everything, some people have them - some don't. It's the risk of using the drug.

Thanks for the link Mikey, its helpful to hear the good and bad points.

I personaly didn't do any research on Aspirin or Tylenol and I am sure there are some side effects. I don't think the side effects are as strong.

I mean have you ever heard of any other drug that causes impotency exept for: Rogain, Viagara, mostly eiher drugs that s'pose to help you w/ impotency or help you w/ hair loss ohh and steroids of course. I have never heard of anything else.

Mikey,

I'm not sure why you think your post will get you "kicked out". Discussing hair loss treatmentsand the benefits and risks associated with them is part of our purpose in hosting this forum.

However, this thread will be moved to the "hair loss drugs" section of the forum later today/tonight since it's more appropriate there.

Best wishes,

Bill

I know I will probably be jumped on for saying this, but I think that the *vast* majority of people who claim drastic side effects are imagining them and/or they are unrelated to the finesteride. Especially in the case of impotence, I think they get it in their heads and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Just my opinion.

Stimpson

Stimpson,

I agree somewhat, of course some guys have side effects - I'm sure nobody will argue that. But a lot of the time I think, especially with the sexual side effects, maybe it's caused by worry (They are thinking it's going happen, and as a result - it does).

I don't know how many times I've read about guys on hair loss forums say something to the effect of "I haven't banged my head in years, the doctor told me to be very careful not to bang my head - and the first thing I do on leaving the office is hit my head getting in to the car".

Check out for yurself dude.

I have. Plus I have read it all before here. Nothing new in that other forum. Personally, I have had NO side effects. I know *some* people do have real side effects. I stand by my opinions completely, though, that the vast majority of finesteride sides are imagined, created, or just plain unrelated to the finesteride. I think people look too hard for the sides, and they find them.

I *HATE* to sound like a jerk, but every time I read a post titled something like "HELP - propecia causing face to sag" or something like that, I chuckle and roll my eyes. That was a real claim, by the way. I didn't pull that out of thin air. I know I sound like an unsympathetic jerk, but *especialy* sexual function is subject to the powers of your mind. If you are waiting nervously for problems, you might very well find them.

All this said, though, if you are worried about sides, then just don't take the finesteride. As worried as you are, you might find the side effects. Frankly, and again JUST MY OPINION, looking at your picture from your weblog, you're so far along with the baldness that if I were you I would probably just pass on the drugs altogether anyway. I will be interested to see what others think about this, but I don't really know what you would gain from the drugs. I don't think they do much for people as far along with the baldness as you are. IMO you are probably a really good HT candidate, though. Sort of an open field.

Stimpson

As others have said, there are side effect possibilities with any drug. I've been taking Proscar for nine months and I can't say yes or no to the side effects. I will say I did my first prostate exam a few months back and mine is "very small", which I think for a prostate the smaller the better.....

Not to get the thread severely off track, after that checkup I can't see for the life of me how a man can, em, take one in that area. Do gay men have their prostate removed? Damn, that doctor's finger hurt like a mother pushing around on that thing!

And, I'm seriously not trying to be cute. It's just something I keep thinking of after that test.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by Stimpson:
Check out for yurself dude.

I have. Plus I have read it all before here. Nothing new in that other forum. Personally, I have had NO side effects. I know *some* people do have real side effects. I stand by my opinions completely, though, that the vast majority of finesteride sides are imagined, created, or just plain unrelated to the finesteride. I think people look too hard for the sides, and they find them.

I *HATE* to sound like a jerk, but every time I read a post titled something like "HELP - propecia causing face to sag" or something like that, I chuckle and roll my eyes. That was a real claim, by the way. I didn't pull that out of thin air. I know I sound like an unsympathetic jerk, but *especialy* sexual function is subject to the powers of your mind. If you are waiting nervously for problems, you might very well find them.

All this said, though, if you are worried about sides, then just don't take the finesteride. As worried as you are, you might find the side effects. Frankly, and again JUST MY OPINION, looking at your picture from your weblog, you're so far along with the baldness that if I were you I would probably just pass on the drugs altogether anyway. I will be interested to see what others think about this, but I don't really know what you would gain from the drugs. I don't think they do much for people as far along with the baldness as you are. IMO you are probably a really good HT candidate, though. Sort of an open field.

Stimpson

Yeah, I don't know. I just wanted to post that forum so people had an idea about getting side effects.

As far as me using, I won't be, although I don't see why it wouldn't help me. I mean I still have a lot of hair on my head and I wouldn't want to loose them. I just wish there wern't such side effects with that drug.

Oh about me being a good HT candidate, see as I mentioned in other thread, my dad is nw7 so I will be loosing more and more untill I reach stage7. For me gitting an HT and not using propecia means I will need another one most likely 2 more HT's with a next 10 years or so, I don't know what to do. I want to get an HT, but I don't want to use meds at all, not sure if this is the best thing for me though.

So far I need 2300-2600 grafts.

Mikey,

I'm sure a lot of people will thank you for bringing the possible side effects to their attention (New users: like I said, everyone should know the downsides also).

I also think you would benifit from using it, however, I can see where Stimpson is coming from. I know you have a lot of hair on top, as I have talked to you for a few days via the forum. But, from the photo you have posted, you can't see that.

I'm no doctor mate, but sorry 2600 is not going give you good coverage.

Maybe you could start a post asking other guys?

Edit: Sorry mikey didn't know you had updated your pics, I really think you should reconsider the meds.

Maybe I spoke out of turn?

I just don't want you getting your hopes up, I had 2380 for a much smaller area - frontal loss only.

Mikey, I have no medical back ground, listen to your doctor. I was just shocked that you were quoted only 2300-2600 grafts - however, I have never seen you (only photos) and don't know your expections.