shock loss, previous transplanted hair

I had a third surgery one month ago (FUT) to double the density of the transplanted area from the previous two surgeries.

I'm assuming that all the new transplanted hair should have shed at this point, although cannot tell the difference between the new hairs and the existing ones from previous procedures.

I have some concerns because It looks that a lot of previously transplanted hair from previous procedure didn't grow back ( the doctor shaved my recipient area before the surgery), now I have new bald spots that were previously covered with transplanted hair from previous procedures and it looks patchy now and worse than before my last surgery.

I read about shock loss but it should affect only weak native hair that was going to fall anyway but the transplanted hairs are supposed to be permanent'

I'm afraid that the Doctor damaged the follicles from previous surgery when he made incisions.

Anyone has a similar experience having a procedure to add more density to existing transplanted hair ?

Being only one month into your recovery you're going to experience some issues that will make you question your decision. This is normal. Shock loss does not refer to permanent loss. It can be temporary for the more permanent hairs and permanent for the non-terminal hairs, if that makes sense. The hairs transplanted from your previous surgeries are susceptible to shock too but they'll most likely come back just fine. The recipient area being shaved was a move by your doctor to help prevent permanent damage of these previously transplanted hairs so be patient, speak to your clinic, and document your progress.

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

It's just probably temporary shock loss of the existing hair whether transplanted or native.

Once you get 6 months or so post-op, you should start to see everything filling in again.

When the existing hair is shaved down, it allows the surgeon to see the direction of the hair as it protrudes out of the scalp and this helps to avoid transection of that hair when making the new recipient incisions.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

When the existing hair is shaved down, it allows the surgeon to see the direction of the hair as it protrudes out of the scalp and this helps to avoid transection of that hair when making the new recipient incisions

You mean the hairs (and their follicles) that are in the resting stage, right??

Can you share any immediate post-op photos from your last procedure?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians