Eating too Much Meat Causes Hair Loss???????

brianK

I picked this info. up at Dr. Foster's website. Is it true that eating too much meat can cause hair loss? I never heard of this before. Is this true, or is this Doc a quack?

"The third cause of hair loss is exposure to too much testosterone as well as other male hormones. High levels of testosterone are usually associated with male pattern baldness and also with overly aggressive behavior. There are 2 main sources of testosterone: taking steroids (the kind bodybuilders take to gain muscle mass), and eating meat which is highly contaminated with hormone residues (all commercial meat). It only takes a minuscule trace of a hormone to have an action in the body; therefore, even residues left over from the hormones being fed to the animal are significant enough to cause a hormonal imbalance in the body. The remedy is to stop eating meat." (Source: Dr. Foster's website)

Thanks,

Brian

I picked this info. up at Dr. Foster's website. Is it true that eating too much meat can cause hair loss? I never heard of this before. Is this true, or is this Doc a quack?

"The third cause of hair loss is exposure to too much testosterone as well as other male hormones. High levels of testosterone are usually associated with male pattern baldness and also with overly aggressive behavior. There are 2 main sources of testosterone: taking steroids (the kind bodybuilders take to gain muscle mass), and eating meat which is highly contaminated with hormone residues (all commercial meat). It only takes a minuscule trace of a hormone to have an action in the body; therefore, even residues left over from the hormones being fed to the animal are significant enough to cause a hormonal imbalance in the body. The remedy is to stop eating meat." (Source: Dr. Foster's website)

Thanks,

Brian

Eating meat will NOT cause hair fallout. Sounds like a vegatarian writing an article you read. Protein is actually good for your hair's nutrient. Now if your on an all meat diet, then your hair might miss the nutrients needed from vegatables and fat soluable vitamins?

As far as cattle being fed steriods and that meat passing hormones to us when we eat, is not valid. FIrst a hormone has to be active? After digestions by the cows then processing the meat, it is inactive and doesnt effect the consumer. Think about it-- veggies have fertilizer and insectacides to help them grow doesn that mean when we eat beans and carrots that we are being contaminated??? After so many passes, it is inactive.

i agree with Smoothy...this doctor sounds like a quack....

actually, you can ask most any doctor, and he'll tell you that if you have your testicles surgically removed, you'll never have to worry about hair loss...there's no such thing as a bald eunich...

now, that might not be a valid option for some of us, i'll grant you that...icon_biggrin.gif

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

Quite the contrary...

I saw an article somewhere not too long ago about one of the women on Survivor that was losing her hair due to protien deficiencies that she was suffering as a result of being on the show.

This doctor may be exagerating the use of testosterone useage by atheletes, perhaps? I dont know. What I do know is that the body needs a balanced diet of protien, carbohydrates, and fats to perform properly. Your percentages are up to you. I believe a healthy percentage of a non-athletic male is around 30 % protein, 35 % carbs, 35 % (good) fats . I ussually strive for more protien, but thats just my preference.

Dont believe everything you read.

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Yeah I don't know how many times I've seen this: a specific "diet" having some form of effect on your hair, whether it's for the better or the worse. To quote from Dr Seager's website: "if you have Androgenetic Alopecia, you were destined to lose hair from the time you were conceived... your hair will not get better by changing your diet". But of course any excess, whether it's meat, sugar, spicy food, alcohol, whatever, is bad for your liver & general health!

Rugger, your suggestion worked very well for my dog, he's got very thick hair now. So I might try to remove just one of my testicles first & see how it goes. Expect an update in a few months.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Oh come on HW, dont be a sissy Mary..why cut off just one when a Megasession of two is soooo much more efficient..icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

• 2 weeks later...

>> 2 main sources of testosterone: taking steroids (the kind bodybuilders take to gain muscle mass), and eating meat which is highly contaminated with hormone residues >>

I always understood that the hormones used in fattening commercial beef and chickens is actually oestrogen or progestorone - the female hormone, so you're more likely to need a bra than suffer hair loss.

Hairworthy: I have a similar dog, and now, instead of mounting female dogs at every opportunity, he always goes for the male dogs instead. Does your unitesticular experiment mean you now don't know which way to turn?

I have never heard of eating meat as a source of hair loss. Hair loss is associated with the production of DHT within the body. and its attack on a predetermined area of your head, mapped out through genetics.

I know there stress can also cause it (im one who was doublewammyed; stress and hereditary)

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"