Interested in getting a small FUE done(looking for any advice or input)

Hi how you guys doing, I have been an avid lurker on these forums for some time and thought I would finally make my first post.

So to make it short I was born with an irregular hairline and have no hair loss(attached you will find an illustration)and would like to get minimal work done. Because of my hairline my forehead looks very wide and strange if exposed. The reason for this is that I lack proper temple points. So I am interested in getting minimal FUE work done to give myself proper temple points and frame my face.

I am considering getting this done at alvi armani, but do to all the controversy I have become quite stressed out over what to do or even think of all this that's going on.

For a small procedure like this would I be walking into a trap by going to armani?

Any feedback would be greatly GREATLY appreciated.

Please look at my attached picture to better understand what I would like to get done. The areas highlighted in red are the temple points i would like to achieve. Keep in mind the diagrams make it look better than it actually is in person, but these temple points would make a world of difference.

illustration.thumb.JPG.55e2ef02186bc9f6097a7c38342cba99.JPG

If that is your loss.....FUE is a very viable option for you, so congrats on that! That said, Armani would be the last person I'd go to. Why? 1, he has proven himself countless times to be a scumbag, orchestrating a web of lies and deceit to boost his goal of running an empire (not unlike Bosley, just different packaging and for FUE).

But, and perhaps most important, the skills associated with such a man are pitiful as evidenced in the putrid yield his operation dishes out. He is "artistic"...."density"...."such good strip"...."he has talent"....**chatchatchat** The guy's results SUCK, and he has screwed countless people, and the newsreel that has finally started to stream in detailing them just gets worse and worse -- as do findings on his tactics and business ethics.

Anyways, you are in a cool spot given how minimal your loss is; Feller and Bisanga can both do very good, ethical, high yield FUE. Shapiro/SMG have also started doing FUE work on temples, and I'd look into them, as well!

Again, the last thing I'd do is go to Armani where you will get over-quoted, have your precious donor raided, wait it out, and then have to go through it all over again (or get cajoled into the famous "Armani Touch Up".....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

thanatopsis_awry thank you for your response. Its just scary thinking about these allegations. Could you tell me where I can possibly find pictures of these lackluster results. I have seen one or two and I always had the impression that whether it was the particularities of those cases or that it was an individual who didn't have exactly optimal growth due to being a mega session. However since I only need around 500 to 700 grafts i didn't think I would have to worry really for being such a small session.

HLH was infested w/ Armani everything -- many "lackluster" and otherwise "suspicious" results over there..unfortunately, just as the wave of Armani's FUE results really started to come in people "dissapeared", and, ultimately, anything with even the word "armani" was banned from the forums....

I would also highly recommend reviewing some of the recent Armani threads here, which detail some of his business...."tactics"....and also the workings of his operation.

It is true that doing 500 grafts you will get plundered *much* less than a larger case; however, you will still be undergoing an inferior FUE procedure (do to his tecnique -- a power drill -- and some allegations of techs doing legit surgical work...), and while you might get raped of less grafts, they are more precious too as they represent a higher %.

Anyways, the choice is yours, of course; just do a lot of research. This is a good place with some pretty detailed discussion of Armani including some of his patients; and HLH has a ton, however, lots of it "dissapeared"....and the most recent wave got muzzled.....take all that for whatever it may be worth...

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

21yearold-- i remeber you well from HLH..... lackluster ARMANI results..... IMO, ATLANTIS got screwed..... G35nightrider should have gotten WAY better growth given his GREAT characteristics and MANY grafts pulled... pull up the name 'MaxFue' on HLH (i think) he posted on HLH before being silenced and he spoke about his terrible growth.. in the pics he provided it looked bad, like 30% yield tops.. see if you can find em... HairME is another poster that comes to mind.... ezekial27(or something close to that) is another... i dont know if their threads have been deleted or not over there but if not the truth can be seen if you do some digging.... i also dont feel armanis FUE is cosistant at all...

when you finally do make your decision i believe you will make a good one for your situation.... you have been lookin and askin questions for a while now... another GREAT thing you have going for you is that your in NO HURRY with this, your situation is a little different then most of us..........

i wish you the best man, however i stand by the opinion i gave you a while back.... see if you can accept that you have a naturally high hairline and be happyicon_smile.gif..your not balding man... these things are not perfect but your current hairline is if you ask me.. its a NATURAL one..

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Well, if you want to (not) see an example of what you can expect from Armani FUE, ask Pats205, Armani's new internet rep, to send you his crown FUE pics, before and after. He's a full year grown out and has never posted his results. So, that gives you an idea of why you might not see the many bad results.

If you are set on FUE, Dr. Alan Feller on Long Island does good work. Dr. Ron and Paul Shapiro do good work, they're in Minnesota. And Dr. Bisanga in Belgium does good work.

Hey 21yrld, I won't give an opinion about Armani, because I don't know him. But I will give you some sound humble advice on HT. If you were born with recessed temple points, and have no hair loss, (as you mentioned), I would suggest that you leave well enough alone. Wait at least untill you are 30, see if you have noticable hair loss,and then decide on a HT. You can always address the temple points at the same time. ...Make sure you know what you are getting into. Just a thought from the peanut gallery....

Hi lanthanos, - I have been very impressed by doctor fellers work as well and have also checked out the other doctors. I had actually nailed my list down to armani and dr feller, but chose armani because its close by to me. The other thing about feller I understand is that he does not tak on young patients regardless of the situation. In terms of results I use to have an impression that they both seemed to have similar results, but now I feel like my head is spinning and I have been really taken off guard by this controversy.

Hey kaounis, - Thank you for your input as well, I appreciate it. I have honestly put a lot of thought into this since I have been researching into this for a few years now. One thing is that I really can't wear or style my hair in any other way than just simply down on my forehead as it just looks odd. It's such a small change that would make such a huge difference.

You could always try to send your pics to Spex or Dr. Feller and see if they say they can help or if you're too young. Only way to know is to ask.

I can't imagine Dr. Feller is too much further away from you, since he's in NY and Armani is in Toronto, and those two cities are not that far apart, unless you live in Toronto?

I was 21 when I had my first transplant for the frontal line. As far as the Armani thing, there all several doctors out there to take care of FUE (depending on location) search the Web. Minimal work (depending on whether it is worth the price) would make sense, you never know what your hair will do - you might be fine for the rest of your life. It can be a little confusing so the doctors can tell you the possibilities. Your face is supposed to be 3 equal size breaks aesthetically (those with HT's know what I am saying, but by reading what I am writing I can tell it is getting confusing). So, bottom line - it may be a good idea. I am going in next month to get another transplant for the area behind my frontal line as my original hair is receding back from my line. But this took 11 years to happen. If you think about the price $1,000 - $3000 every 10 years is not all that bad if it makes you happy and raises your self esteem.

• 2 weeks later...

hi 21 year old.

I am a similar lurker - mainly asking questions via PM rather than posting on boards.

I am with you on the Armani panic. I have had a couple of consultations and may e-mails with their representatives. I can say in all honesty, that they were very professional and very helpful in answering questions fully and in detail. Overall, pretty comprehensive and I have not felt pushed or overly 'sold' something, just given advice, pricing and opinion.

In fact the one thing they keep telling me is to research and research until I am happy and confident in my choice of doctor. Which I will.

I am unable to find any photgraphs of armani patients with bad results, but I am eager to do so having read so much on these forums from people who seem to know the industry.

Can they realy have so many photographs of impressive results and they be false or fraudulant on that level?

I find it hard to believe but it is not impossible and some pretty articulate people here do not like them so I am undecided myself and doing more research before making a decision.

hello,

I found a doctor by the name Robert Jones, he does his work in Canada. I found him on Youtube with trying to find more about FUE. He seem like a good doctor and well known. I went to his website and I was impress. He said his price unblieveable cause of no overhead, brochure and advertising. I just wonder why no one talks about him on this forum.

http://www.hairtransplantmagaz...ofiles/robert_jones/

NotQuiteButNearly

who have you been talking to at the Armani clinic?

If you are unable to find any pictures with bad results, there is a simple solution

Ask Pats205, their internet rep, to show you his crown FUE results.

He won't.

That should answer your question.

He is over a year post op and has never posted any pictures of his results.

He even left another forum without posting his results after promising over and over to post his results "soon". Soon never came.

Try to ask him for them...you'll see what I mean.