Where are the transplanted hairs inserted??

When a doctor does a HT, does he take the hairs from the back and then inserts them in the dormant hair follicles on top of your head (see purple arrow in pic), or does he try to avoid those?? (see red arrow)

2q2inx5.jpg

If he can see them through the magnifying lense he will avoid them so as not to transect hairs in the dormant phase. If he can't, then you are out of luck

So the magnifying glass can see empty follicle openings??

Reason I'm asking is because I still have new hairs coming through with my daily minoxidil usage. I dont want any dormant follicles to be blocked or destroyed when the doctor does his slit technique

This hair is placed in relatively foreign locations and expected to survive on blood supply. In the recipient area, the implanted hair is placed at properly matched distribution with proper angulation. With the surgeon's discretion, the sites for the transplanted hair are made in the recipient zone under high magnification. About ten percent of all hair on the scalp will be dormant at any one time.

The dormant hair can be present and very visible while waiting to be forced out by the new hair shaft coming through.

Edited by MrGio-WHTCClinic

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians