Dr. Shapiro or Dr. Meshkin

I have been lurking on here for a long time, doing my research and compiling a list of the best surgeons with experience helping young men (20's) in my position with thinning hair, especially around the temple area. I have a lot of hair on my head, but it is receding/thinning. I had a consultation with Dr. Meshkin and know that he has provided other young men like me with great, natural results. Dr. Meshkin would be more convenient because his office is 10 minutes from my house in Irvine, CA. I have also seen pictures from Dr. Shapiro that are very promising and have read a lot of great things on here about him. I'm definitely willing to fly out to MN if he will provide me with a better result. Does anyone on here have any advice on deciding between the two? Or perhaps someone can recommend another doctor? Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks.

I have been lurking on here for a long time, doing my research and compiling a list of the best surgeons with experience helping young men (20's) in my position with thinning hair, especially around the temple area. I have a lot of hair on my head, but it is receding/thinning. I had a consultation with Dr. Meshkin and know that he has provided other young men like me with great, natural results. Dr. Meshkin would be more convenient because his office is 10 minutes from my house in Irvine, CA. I have also seen pictures from Dr. Shapiro that are very promising and have read a lot of great things on here about him. I'm definitely willing to fly out to MN if he will provide me with a better result. Does anyone on here have any advice on deciding between the two? Or perhaps someone can recommend another doctor? Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks.

Have you done your research about getting a HT in your 20's and the risks?

Can you share pictures?

Ron Shapiro is top notch. He's also extremely ethical, so if your loss is too early stage, he would likely recommend you try meds to stabilize first. If you broaden your search there's other fantastic options too.

Dont want to sway you but im 10 wks post op with Ron. PM me if you like.

Personally, I can't speak to Dr. Meshkin as I don't know much about him at all. I have had two consultations with both Dr. Ron Shapiro as well as Dr. Paul Shapiro. I would recommend both. Dr. Ron Shapiro seemed to have a little better "bedside manner", but I may have caught Dr. Paul on a busier day. They both seemed fantastic…top notch. Personally, I went with Dr. Konior out of Chicago. Just do your research, take your time and make an informed decision. I have met with and spoken with numerous doctors in my pursuit of a hair transplant. Although I'm sure there on numerous good options, I am partial to the three I referenced for several reason (hands on involvement in the process, consistent results, commitment to the best result possible, experience, communication)….all are fantastic.

Personally, I can't speak to Dr. Meshkin as I don't know much about him at all. I have had two consultations with both Dr. Ron Shapiro as well as Dr. Paul Shapiro. I would recommend both. Dr. Ron Shapiro seemed to have a little better "bedside manner", but I may have caught Dr. Paul on a busier day. They both seemed fantastic…top notch. Personally, I went with Dr. Konior out of Chicago. Just do your research, take your time and make an informed decision. I have met with and spoken with numerous doctors in my pursuit of a hair transplant. Although I'm sure there on numerous good options, I am partial to the three I referenced for several reason (hands on involvement in the process, consistent results, commitment to the best result possible, experience, communication)….all are fantastic.