HT & minoxidil

Hi guys

I have a quick question, i m using rogain on transplant area and i feel itchy like hell sometime and my scalp become red

So what i should do, should i continue and bear the pain? Or should i stop rogain?

If you're experiencing itching and irritation you should discontinue use. Are you using liquid or foam? Foam should not irritate so I'd suggest switching if you're using liquid.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I m using minoxidil only 1 time per day, i don t what to go with 2 times abd make my hair used to it, this thing like drug for hair, so start slowely until you stop get benefit from it and then increase the times or %

The itching had become less now i think it was not from minox but from dryness and dandruff, i stop using shampoo and just wash my hair using water and i noticing the itching become less

The itching, dryness, and even the redness can be from the high alcohol based additives in all of the minoxidil products.

Just read the labeling ingredients and it will makes your eyes wide open...:confused:

You may want to consider also using a rich aloe based cream and shampoo which will help soothe the scalp and also helps with reducing the redness...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY