Taking pictures for on line consultations

Am going to get some opinions from various clinics but need some advice re photos.

Do you take photos with wet hair or dry?

Any tips on taking the required photos yourself from the various angles as am a bit sensitive about the whole thing(lol) and dont want ask someone to take them for me.

In my opinion you should always take pictures of your hair styled and dry. I would take pictures of any areas that are thinning which may include a picture of the hairline, the top of the head, the crown, profile views which show the temple areas, the donor area so that doctors can see approximately how thick your donor hair is. Take any close-ups when appropriate. You can even try taking pictures of the thinning area while combing through it to help emphasize the area. You can also take a picture of the donor area while combing through it to help show donor hair thickness.

I hope this helps.

Bill

I dont know why some clinics ask for wet pics, but it is best you take dry photos. After all, most of the time your hair isnt wet, it is dry. For your records. Save all your photos and back them up. You may need to refer to them down the road. They may even save you if something goes awry. Good luck!

Wet hair shows thinning spots more than dry hair does. However, dry photos is how your hair appears normally when you go out. Thus, unless the clinics ask for wet hair pictures, I'd suggest taking dry hair pictures. That said, there's nothing wrong with throwing pictures showing your hair wet as well.

Best wishes,

Bill