Another FU fell out..

I dont know but at least 4 Fu's that I know of fell out during the shower since post op. I am still using a sponge after 2 weeks post op. This one looks old and I didnt see any bleeding on my scalp. But I saw 2 hairs with a whitish tissue surrounding it and at the end is a dark bulb with old blood. I don't know whats going on but I am getting sad :-(.

I know this is not normal. What is going on?

P.S. This is always happening to the left side of my scalp where I said before the other tech placed the grafts.

I dont know but at least 4 Fu's that I know of fell out during the shower since post op. I am still using a sponge after 2 weeks post op. This one looks old and I didnt see any bleeding on my scalp. But I saw 2 hairs with a whitish tissue surrounding it and at the end is a dark bulb with old blood. I don't know whats going on but I am getting sad :-(.

I know this is not normal. What is going on?

P.S. This is always happening to the left side of my scalp where I said before the other tech placed the grafts.

At 2 weeks post-op it is highly unlikely that you actually lost a graft or hair follicles. Especially if there was no bleeding. It is between the 2-4 week post-op that you will experience normal shedding of the grafted hairs. Whatever sponge you were told to use is no longer necessary. At this point it is really out of your hands and up to a higher power. Keep the faith.

Sounds like normal shedding. When the hair falls out it usually has a whitish bulb around the base. EVERYBODY gets concerned when they see this. There are a gizzilion posts about this exact same thing. It's normal. Try to just relax a bit.

Stimpy