Prp & acell powder

Hi guys

I have been offerred a treatment of prp acell matrix powder by 2800 usd

Is it worth it after hair transplant for receipient and donor area or on any of my left native hair on the crown? Or just wast of money

Thanks

IMHO Acell does have some clinical evidence, verification, and various patient experiences to support/provide facilitation of the healing process and to help minimize scar tissue development during the healing process.

But like anything else, we all respond differently to these with some individuals more than others. The ones who do not respond as favorable tend to discount it but you will never know unless you try it. This includes weighing the cost, meaning, is it worth it to you to have every advantage on your side.

The same goes for PRP injections. IMHO, there may be more benefit for healing when used in conjunction with the HT procedure (surgery) itself but not for therapy purposes for preventing hair loss or as a stand alone therapy treatment for MPB. DHT is the culprit that damages our hair follicles and PRP treatments do nothing to minimize or prevent the ill effects of DHT.

And the original intention of PRP treatments was developed to facilitate the healing of injuries in the "joints" such as knees, elbows, shoulders, etc. and especially related to injuries from contact sports activities.

Again, you have to weigh the cost against the proposed benefit.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

So if i inject the prp acell in donor area will reduce the scars even if i m in the third month now ?

Sam,

If you are three months post-op, the likelihood of having any meaningful benefit from those injections are minimal IMHO. This is because most of the healing has already taken place. The only exception would be if you were having post-op complications with healing and/or scarring.

From my own observations, there is more benefit in facilitating the healing process with these agents at the time of the procedure or in conjunction with the surgery.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY