Redness during healing period

MrProper

Hi everybody,

Here a Spanish, 29 years old guy trying to decide if make a FUE. I'm looking for clinics in Turkey, because my budget is very tight, and my first worry is about healing period.

I've seen around this and other forums that it longs several months, during wich you have your head with a stricking red color.

I suppose that it worth once your head be OK, but the point is that I'm so shy and very complexed because my aspect, so can't imagine three or four months (or more) looking that whay.

So my question is: How was your experience in this respect? Do you felt the people looking weird at you during that time? Could you go on your normal life?

Thanks for your help.

P.S: Excuse my English.

Buenos dias MrProper,

You will see the red part for 2 to 3 months depending on how fast you heal.

I don't know if you would feel better wearing a hat, baseball cap or a bandana when you go out?

If your budget is tight check out the many references of the surgeons in Turkey and India and go to their websites.

Do some online consultations with a few surgeons then compare cost, results and reviews.

Darlinglocks

1524 Grafts with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti in Chandigarh India.

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - Dr Tejinder Bhatti's Profile

Edited by darlinglocks

The redness is noticeable in the initial weeks after surgery but most people do not pay attention to it. I've had two surgeries and no one has ever made a comment about it. It begins to fade after a few weeks and it really isn't any big deal. Good luck, you will be happy to put up with a little redness to get your hair back. Best of luck.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I hear people say the redness lasts for a few months , others say for a few weeks. An important factor also is your Norwood class. If you have existing hair to hide it , it might not be as noticeable. But if you don't, It will be noticeable, and could last longer. We are not all the same. I am 4 1/2 months post op, and I still have redness (nw5) . And it is especially noticeable under fluorescent lighting. I am fortunate that I am able to wear a hat to work . But as it was stated above it will all be worth it in the long run.