Advice on Seeking HT

Hi

I am 30 years old and have been suffering extensive hair loss in the crown and now a receding hairline from the top. Over the past 4 years I have been attempting to hide this with considerable use of Toppik.

Whilst I understand any restoration would be partial, given the amount of hair lost, I am seriously considering in going ahead with at least partial restoration in the front for a better hairline. I am at that age where I am now thinking now is the time to have a crack at it, given the demoralising and crippling effect it has on my mind everyday.

Needed some advice on approach, Method (FUE vs FUT) for my hair, and possible reputable doctors in the Australia/Asia region. I hear a lot of positive feedback about Dr Bhatia in these forums, but don't know the appropriateness of FUE vs FUT in my case.

I have attached some photos to this thread as well that I took on the weekend as well as another normal photo front on.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

image1.jpg.3cccd1b977d38354d3f2ae87918febd8.jpg

image2.jpg.9d9bda0e182261b26cad3e42d9d11823.jpg

image3.jpg.a3b23f261aad3c3ffd279628c7644395.jpg

image4.jpg.b1cbb56fb3da7a50d07e8de2fa451b70.jpg

image6.jpeg.5fcbd78ef7f134791bbc88d37e2c3b1c.jpeg

12053402_634255142499_750952787_n.jpg.660328b45eb9ac0bcc2967d95f1a324a.jpg

12166339_634255147489_159008322_n.jpg.f393954d0f649a0f4e97637a1df76978.jpg

Edited by AS1606

Hello, from what I have looked into, Australia is a lot more expensive to have a hair transplant and the results are not the best at all. At this stage I would keep your options open and look around.

I had my FUE done in Belgium at the start of this year. One the same day I had my Fue there was another guy there who was from Australia. He was having his second transplant with the same surgeon in Belgium. He had nothing good to say about australia with regards to quality and price. His hair looked great and he was having Fut for the second time.

I am not sure which you are thinking of having done, speak to some doctors from quality clinics. It took me along time to decide where to go for mine.

Hello As1606,

There is no doubt that you'll find top notch doctors in Belgium.

You asked if there were excellent surgeons in the Asia region?

Well yes, there are. I went with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti in Chandigarh India to have my HT.

If you look it up Dr. Bhatti is very reputable and many on this forum had their HT done with Dr. Bhatti because he delivers great results even doing mega session FUE for those who need it.

I wouldn't hesitate to ask for an online consultation, you have nothing to lose.

Now, just do your homework and choose the surgeon that is best for you.

Darlinglocks

FUE : 1524 grafts with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - Dr Tejinder Bhatti's Profile

Hey mate, Im from Australia and the price australian clinics offer you may as well save your money and travel overseas, and in your case with the amount of hair loss, I think you are boarder line case for FUE. Im sure you will be able to get back a decent hairline but your loss in your crown would very difficult to get back with FUE only. Dr Bhatti only performs FUE and BHT he may perform a mega session over two days with you, 1000 BHT and 3500 FUE but with your loss I doubt that would be enough - 18months later you maybe able to get another 1000 FUE gratfs and after that I you'll be all out of grafts and I think you'll be still behind the 8 ball, I think FUT is your only way to get on top of things with your hair loss, I think in the range of 7000 - 8000 FUT over two sessions is what you will be looking at. anyway take care all the best

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Thanks Guys. I will set up an online consultation with Dr Bhatia's office.

Are there any more sources I could follow in finding out if FUT vs FUE would be suitable for me and what each can provide? If so are there any decent FUT clinics in Asia?

I dont know how realistic attempting to cover the entire front and crown will be with my current state.

AS1606,

You got some good advice above. The best procedure and plan for you will depend upon a number of factors including your desires and expectations as well as the realistic limitations of your donor supply.

The best option is always an in person consultation with a skilled and experienced hair transplant surgeon. Barring that option, the next best course of action is scheduling a few online consultations. You can schedule free online consultations with any of the hair restoration physicians we recommend.

You can use our interactive map to locate recommended hair transplant surgeons worldwide. Physician profiles will list whether they perform FUE, strip or both.

Hope this helps!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• Administrators

I was in a similar situation, i'm also 30 with comparable hairloss, I don't think its a smart game plan to attempt to fully cover the crown, I think you should have just enough so that the transition from your midscalp to crown is seamless. The good thing is that you have your hairline pretty much intact, I would follow that existing hairline and build up to the midscalp, personally, I chose FUE that was a personal decision based on my hairstyle preference, honestly if you go to a good FUE doctor I feel the yield will be comparable to FUT, but its completely up to you, things to consider is price, obviously FUT is going to be cheaper than FUE in most cases, downtime you will have a significantly longer down time getting FUT, hairstyles, do you ever plan on cutting your hair short on the sides if so I would not choose FUT, doctors to look out for Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Mwamba, Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Villnow, Dr. De Reys some of these physicians perform both procedures.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for all your advice and posts so far guys. Based on your comments, I have sent out consultation requests to about 6-7 of these Doctors and doing my due diligence on them. Dr Bhatti has responded quite quickly and responded with the following:

"Dear Mr Ankur,

You need a total of 4500 grafts- scalp and body inclusive.The hairline and midscalp shall need around 2500 scalp grafts for a good naturally dense looking hairline and side temples.

The crown shall take another 1500-2000 scalp grafts.

I can harvest 3000-3500 scalp grafts in one session and we can take beard grafts- 500 during the same session.

If you wish to break the procedure of 4500 total grafts in 2, we can accomplish full cover after 6 months of the first procedure using 1500-1800 scalp grafts which we can harvest again from the scalp"

Any Further thoughts or advice or queries I should be pursuing based on his reply? Once again appreciate your responses guys