Were you req'd to sign an arbitration agreement?

I just put down a deposit on a surgeon recommended by this website.

AFTER putting down the deposit, I was provided paperwork along with an arbitration agreement. I understand this may restrict or diminish my ability to pursue legal action against the clinic.

Is this usual or common?

Clinic is U.S. based.

Please respond asap as I have only a day or two to cancel without losing the deposit if necessary.

Thank you

Some surgeons wait until they have your deposit to send you such paperwork and some may only let you view informed consents at their office and only on the day of surgery.

There are few surgeons that openly disclose everything prior to deposit. I think it is best to go to those that give you plenty of time and inform of everything involved up front prior to a deposit. Once they have your money, it is non-refundable in almost all cases.

I think for more and more people to avoid surgeons with such practices, entity recommended or not, for their own safety and comfort in the long run. You don't want to be in position where things screw up during the procedure or something happens to be stuck with a doc that says oh well you signed this and sorry i dont have to help you etc etc etc... After all, this is a major artistic form of highly visible cosmetic surgery. This is why some folks rarely report on the forums but talk about their mishaps behind the scenes. I know multiple folks that had to go for touchups or from some forum reported high skill docs, where they dont mention it online. I also know of folks with cases where the doctors did wrong and do not refund or help patient after everything was done, most of these cases have been reported to proper powerful authorities including closed/open forum posts, if any. It is always important to view entire surgical consent forms up front priot to deposit being paid and I can't stress this enough. If the doc does not disclose this, then move onto another doctor that does. But every part of this process needs to be done with transparency with no surprises later. I dont care if a doc is business or forum recommended or not, transparancy with paperwork prior to deposit should be a priority in this industry. It saves a lot if headache.

Some surgeons wait until they have your deposit to send you such paperwork and some may only let you view informed consents at their office and only on the day of surgery.

There are few surgeons that openly disclose everything prior to deposit. I think it is best to go to those that give you plenty of time and inform of everything involved up front prior to a deposit. Once they have your money, it is non-refundable in almost all cases.

I think for more and more people to avoid surgeons with such practices, entity recommended or not, for their own safety and comfort in the long run. You don't want to be in position where things screw up during the procedure or something happens to be stuck with a doc that says oh well you signed this and sorry i dont have to help you etc etc etc... After all, this is a major artistic form of highly visible cosmetic surgery. This is why some folks rarely report on the forums but talk about their mishaps behind the scenes. I know multiple folks that had to go for touchups or from some forum reported high skill docs, where they dont mention it online. I also know of folks with cases where the doctors did wrong and do not refund or help patient after everything was done, most of these cases have been reported to proper powerful authorities including closed/open forum posts, if any. It is always important to view entire surgical consent forms up front priot to deposit being paid and I can't stress this enough. If the doc does not disclose this, then move onto another doctor that does. But every part of this process needs to be done with transparency with no surprises later. I dont care if a doc is business or forum recommended or not, transparancy with paperwork prior to deposit should be a priority in this industry. It saves a lot if headache.

Very good points Sean.

Hey Sean,

In reply to your question on the other forum, it states (paraphrased) "I agree not to take Dr. X or clinic to court, instead I agree to pursue this through arbitration"

Did Dr. R require it?

Thanks