Pre op photos, couple of questions

HT-FUE

Hi everyone I'm booked in for 3000 fue in October, so excited, was just wanting your opinions as to if you think 3000 is enough? Also has anyone had any past experiences with dr koray erdogan as this is who I'm booked in with.

image.jpg.2310169e9f8fece45afad344bc46ab15.jpg

I personally think you should be looking at more 1200-1500. Think about the future loss and donor capacity. You absolutely don't need 3000 for a comestic improvement.

Thanks a lot for your response, the 3000 isn't set in stone it's just what dr koray has suggested from photos he might change his mind when I'm there in person, but I definitely do have the future in mind that's why I'm looking for other peoples thoughts on this situation of mine.

So you reckon 1500 would give me a decent hairline?

Absolutely. Look I think the work the various clinics do in Turkey is great but it is pretty aggressive. Have you had other consultations? If not, at a minimum send your pics to people like Lorenzo, Bisanga and feriduni (and other FUE clinics willing to do 1500+) and get their thoughts. What is your age? What meds and what result have they had on your Hairloss? Family history?

I have had other consultations, Lorenzo is out of my budget and dr korayy work is pretty impressive and also only 2.5 euro a graft so not expensive compared to some of the others. My hairless I put down to constantly using heat products 4 times a day (straighteners) as I grew it about 4-5 inches long, my family history for baldness is they all have hair apart from my dad,

But I'm father only lost his hair when he got seriously poorly so again I wouldn't class it as genetic. I did used to lose the odd hairs but started taking finasteride as I thought it would improve my hair before a ht and give me better results afterwards. I hardly lose any hair when running my fingers through it now.

Have you thought about waiting? You only have one head and there is no rush. People think "right I just want to get this fixed ASAP". It doesn't really work like that as Hairloss is progressive. You will almost certainly have to have further work done. Your Hairloss is probably genetic - no one in my family has it really but I got it, it just happens.

If I was you I would go for a face to face consultation where they can try and map your head for miniaturisation. This will give you an idea where you are heading and keep with the Fin. It will allow you to make an informed decision. I also think to myself, if I was a NW6 and had a HT... What would it get me? How conservative would I need to be? Remember you can always go for a second pass to add density if 1500 wasn't enough.

End of the day, it is up to you but I wouldn't be doing the right thing if I wasn't trying make you step back and have a think.

James

I'm not just rushing into a transplant I've been researching for 2 years, the way I see it is how I feel inside it does need fixing now, I'm really down at the moment and have been for years,

I wear hats everywhere I go, paranoid someone will try pull it off my head, can't go out with friend unless it's somewhere I can wear hats. Won't go swimming, make excuses to not go on holiday. I'm wasting all these experiences and not been happy with my hair.

The way I see it is, most of my mates have hair and I'd rather have hair now and when I'm in my 40s late 30s I wouldn't really care as most people by then would be the same and you don't get looked at funny.

I've been scouting the internet for non surgical treatments, what can go wrong with fue, benefits of fue etc etc. my hair loss is stabilised at the moment yes it will progress in future but Ill have plenty of donor for more surgerys, I understand people may not see it as a big deal but from my point of view I've waited a long time, I've done my research, I'm taking fin and will be considering future surgerys when/if needed. I just want to share my experiences on here to help people as this forum helped me and Is the reason I'm going for a ht

Know what you mean about wearing a hat all the time still wearing mine but if someone pulls it off it's not a big deal anymore hopefully stop wearing it at the 12 month mark ,

just like to clear up a misconception a lot of you young guys seem to have which is: it won't matter being bald in you 40's and fifties that's not the way it works I'm afraid, in some ways it's worse, as you said yourself it depends how it affects you as a person

Yeah the hat scenario is awful,

I'll clear up what I said I'm not saying it won't matter in my 40s 50s as I know a lot of men that age feel exactly as I do now my point been is at my age now mid 20s not many of my friends have lost there hair but once I'm older it won't be such a rare thing to see people your age that have suffered hairloss

So I'd be a little more comfortable as it's a normal thing seeing 40/50 year olds that have suffered some form of hairloss. That's what point I was trying to make

• Administrators
Yeah the hat scenario is awful,

I'll clear up what I said I'm not saying it won't matter in my 40s 50s as I know a lot of men that age feel exactly as I do now my point been is at my age now mid 20s not many of my friends have lost there hair but once I'm older it won't be such a rare thing to see people your age that have suffered hairloss

So I'd be a little more comfortable as it's a normal thing seeing 40/50 year olds that have suffered some form of hairloss. That's what point I was trying to make

This is very true, it is much more socially acceptable to be bald when you're older rather than younger, if you're bald and someone asks your age and you say 50 they won't raise an eyebrow, if your bald and 24 people immediate reaction is to be like "wow" although being bald sucks even if your 90, having hair is crucial in your 20's and once you hit your 30's a little hairloss becomes more socially acceptable, once your 40 a little more and once your 50, people tend to blame it on age, this is a social opinion, unfortunately as humans we are a part of this society and as such, social stigma matters, as much as people want you to wait until your in your 40's to get a transplant, they fail to realize you lost hair in your most crucial years, although not ideal I would prefer to have hair in my 20's and risk going bald in my 40's.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I hear what you're saying, I suppose I was lucky that in my 20's and 30's I pretty much had hair OK my hair -line was receding but I had so much hair it really wasn't obvious always had wavy curly hair so that helped I also realise at that your age your peers are more judgmental

and in the cut and thrust of competition there's always some smart ass who will enjoy pointing out a balding head,

This is very true, it is much more socially acceptable to be bald when you're older rather than younger, if you're bald and someone asks your age and you say 50 they won't raise an eyebrow, if your bald and 24 people immediate reaction is to be like "wow" although being bald sucks even if your 90, having hair is crucial in your 20's and once you hit your 30's a little hairloss becomes more socially acceptable, once your 40 a little more and once your 50, people tend to blame it on age, this is a social opinion, unfortunately as humans we are a part of this society and as such, social stigma matters, as much as people want you to wait until your in your 40's to get a transplant, they fail to realize you lost hair in your most crucial years, although not ideal I would prefer to have hair in my 20's and risk going bald in my 40's.

Couldn't have said it better myself this is the point I was trying to make but I fully understand men at any age could have a hard time dealing with hairloss

I hear what you're saying, I suppose I was lucky that in my 20's and 30's I pretty much had hair OK my hair -line was receding but I had so much hair it really wasn't obvious always had wavy curly hair so that helped I also realise at that your age your peers are more judgmental

and in the cut and thrust of competition there's always some smart ass who will enjoy pointing out a balding head,

Yeah there's always the one smart ass wherever you go, you're lucky to have had hair through those years though, nice to hear you wasn't cursed like me ;) hahaha