Dr. Lindsey Video examination of 6 months out from frontal 3000 plus PRFM

This fellow flew through our area last week, now 6 months out from 3000 grafts of very fine hair up front. He looks great and we'll do a second case at 12 months. I think this is a great example of these fine haired guys growing better than expected when treated with PRFM.

The real question is is it fast growth of what would ultimately happen OR is it better growth AND should we do it to everyone, not just weaker hair people.

The video is:

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

2.jpg.16704a6330db273c24d8c1e459af3848.jpg

14.jpg.91d425fa1be6ebbd14345aa1d5280e3b.jpg

5b32e7cced7bb_60(2).jpg.f925a307637ae3586dff5e854b7d8d93.jpg

5b32e7cd13b80_60(6).jpg.4f893b5b3f12ff9a5532c636ba667f63.jpg

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thank you for presenting this patient's case Dr. Lindsey. He certainly has enjoyed substantial early growth.

Do you currently only offer PRFM to those patients with fine hair or is it an option for any anyone. I understand there is an additional fee for this.

Edited by David - Moderator

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Really, in the past 3 months its been dramatic the difference in early growth for the guys who got PRFM. I certainly PUSH all thin hair guys to do it. Maybe half do. Last week I had 3 6 month checks. 2 had PRFM and looked like they were maybe 9 months out. One didn't and looked like a typical 6 month check.

I'm now bringing it up for all patients but its not free...

I do not believe that it is useful in the absence of surgery. There is no mechanism by which it will block DHT metabolism, nor do I currently think that more than one treatment is needed....although intellectually the farmer in me would say that another treatment of fertilizer in the growing season does help plants grow so should we do it for hair patients at 3 months.

It makes sense, but again, its not free. Next thing you ask is why don't we bundle it in with the case charge. People already think the case is priced high...and we've had a good track record without PRFM for many years....so the guys I've asked have almost uniformly said that they'd want that as an ala carte option.

Good question.

Thanks

Dr. Lindsey

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Cool! Look forward to seeing more.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Nice growth for 6 months. Or any months for that matter.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

With ALL due respect, I am just not a fan of Dr. Lidsey's work. I think he is honest and ethical but what he puts out on this board in usually under welming.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

• 2 weeks later...

Spanker,

Thanks for your 2 cents. It'll only get better and he's a tougher case to crack with his hair/skin/mpb characteristics. I'll put up his year and subsequent updates.

Sad but true,

I agree. However, its not free...and since we tend to get pretty good growth without it, budget conscious guys (and girls) ask if its necessary. Well NONE of this is necessary....its a luxury item. But certainly for finer hair people...anything that can help those weak and/or skinny roots thrive is worth considering.

Can't decide,

Sorry you feel that way. I do have an N in my name though.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

McLean, VA

No offense meant Dr. Lindsey. I just can not recall a case of yours where I was wowed. I do believe you are very ethical, honest, and likely do some of the best strip closures in the business. Most likely this is just due to the cases you choose to post. Post some fully restored NW4-6 and wow me and others :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Cant decide,

I appreciate the complements on my character.

Here are 2 cases that have received good comments from others.

Thanks

Dr. Lindsey

McLean, VA

I've always liked Dr Lindsey's work and approach to surgery. Very technical.

I find PRFM interesting as well. The explanation makes sense. As someone with a science background, I appreciate those trying to improve upon existing techniques. I'm going to download a few of the papers and review them in greater detail this evening.

Research, research, research!

Doctors I'm considering:

FUT:

-Feller

-Hasson

-Konior

Hey bunsenburner. Thanks for the comment. Yeah I try to explain things here on the forum, and in my office, the way I'd want them explained to me. For some people, that lacks the "polish" that some of my competitors have...and I have a pretty simple office and refuse to dress up except for my daughter's piano recitals... Nevertheless, I call it like I see it and am blunt so that I don't have to remember what I lie about....(incidentally that is a good recipe for a long and happy marriage).

One of the many good things about these forums is that with enough posts....you, the consumer, can often get a feel for various doctors' approaches and personalities...and pick what seems best for you.

As I've discussed on the forums before...I got an older jeep a few years back and wanted to redneck it up like I wanted to do when I was a young man, but had no money for stuff like that. Well, I went on jeep forums...just like guys do on the hair forums...and found a guy to do all of my jeep rebuild. Seemed like a decent guy, kind of blunt, had decent reviews....that forum saved me from a lot of hassle (now granted its a jeep, not a scalp, but still its a similar principle). He did a great job and now I've got a 40 year old landcruiser over at his place getting rebuilt as well.

So, to me its not critical that each and everyone agree with me all the time, but rather that the consumer has an opportunity to research BEFORE they make a big decision.

Dr. Lindsey

McLean, VA