Hair transplants and hair styles

Ive seen quite a few transplants since I've been on here by many great surgeons but what strikes me most is the hair style its either slicked back or combed over and very very rarely see combed down straight(like caesar hair-cut). So is having a ht restricting you to have a caesar type hair cut or are you destined to have either a comb over or it slicked back?

Which for me i personally wouldn't want id prefer to have a caesar type hair cut then a comb over or it slicked back just because they don't suit me. But then i think is it just personal preference that I'm seeing these guys with this sort if hair style and they can have that look(caesar) but choose not to because of numerous reasons.

Wwiz,

You can absolutely still sport a "Caesar" hair style after a hair transplant procedure. In fact, it would make us hair restoration guys look like heroes because the style lends itself to a very filled, covered appearance! Haha.

I'll tell you why you don't see it though: it's a style guys use to generally camouflage their thinning or non-existent frontal scalp. We see guys with a Caesar pre-hair transplant during consultations all the time. One of the most common things they say is: "I want more style options than just combing all the hair forward to cover up the thinning in the front."

However, you absolutely can still chose this style if you want to. BUT, you don't have to if you don't want to. You should have a number of realistic style options post transplant.

Hope this helps, bud!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I think a lot of guys with HT's can still sport the 'caesar' cut if they wish (although I call it the Beatle cut...) but I think you don't see it much because it's really kind of out of style more that anything else. Guys today want to shave their sides and grow the top up. Like a Soccer player.

I personally want to sport the Beatle/Stones cut again but need to do one more pass for that.

Gotta rock the guitar, too.

thAWL68IOY.jpg.a68a36bc1912ed1607730ebdd2ed22b8.jpg

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

With a good hair transplant, you should be able to do any hairstyle you would normally have been able to do with a full, native head of hair.

I was actually just thinking about this today. As my hair has gotten longer, I've had a hard time figuring out how to style it sometimes (I'm overdue for a haircut). I've tried to have it down a little bit on my forehead, but then I feel like it's such a waste for me to have this brand new hairline and cover it up with bangs. :cool:

So I guess there's that reasoning as well.... I think a lot of us guys who finally have our hairlines restored are just so stoked to be able to style our hair up/over with the hairline exposed, that that's our go-to most of the time.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Yeah i guess most of these guys that get a hair transplant want to show off there hairline just because they can and i guess its personal preference for them also.

Yeah rocking the Beatles/stones cut with a guitar suites you. So will i be seeing you on americas got talent any time soon haha..

Id like me hair shorter then that more like the picture i uploaded. To be honest i had my hair sort of like that in the 90s but i had curtains haha bring back the curtains :D..

image.jpg.425a0fd08ba69bc864ce471d9ce4a5c5.jpg