NW6 poll- questions that matter

Hey guys just wondering about how NW 6 feel after doing a HT.

Can you please answer the following

1- are u happy that you did a HT ( photos, stories would be great )

2- who was your doctor

3- what is the best approach for a NW6 hair transplant ( wide coverage and thin or focus first on the top and the front

4- how many grafts did use for HT

5- how many procedures did u have

6- any regrets you wish to share and wished you just shaved bald or accepted your baldness as is

6- do u recommend FUT or FUE

I hope this new thread will be a semi poll to NW6 guys, who are in a tough position when it comes to the decision to make a HT.

Guest wanthairs

1. Yes I am happy i did it

2. Dr. Hasson of Hasson and Wong in Vancouver

3. Depends on yoru donor chaacteristics and many other factors

4. use the graft calculator on this websote ro get the opinion of a few different doctors

5. two

6. After my trabsplant I shaved it off for 6 motnhs and got comfortable with it even with a scar showing. I recommend shaving before you get a transplant to see how you feel

7. for NWD6 only FUT

1- Yes I am happy. Most of my loss was the crown area. So I was a NW 6 without the loss in the front. Is that still a NW 6?

2- Dr. Gaffney of Hair Club

3- I was a NW 6 but had most of my loss in the crown area. You might want to ask a Dr. that question

4- I had 3500 grafts

5- 1

6- No regrets. I am still 5 months in and am posting my progress with photos and videos.

6- I had a FUT so I do recommend it.

yskhleif,

I'll participate in your poll since I'd be a Norwood level 6 if I didn't undergo hair transplant surgery.

1. Yes, I'm very happy. You can view my story, photos, and links to each individual experience, account, and progress photos by visiting my Hair Loss Website.

2. I had 4 hair transplants and 3 doctors (Dr. Katz, Dr. True, and Dr. Hasson twice)

3. This really depends on donor availability, scalp elasticity, etc.. But if you have the donor and elasticity for megasessions, I think it's better to target the front with the first hair transplant to be done with it, and then the back with the second.

4. 9600 over 4 hair transplants

5. 4

6. No regrets

7. Personally, I'd only recommend FUE for a select group of patients. Norwood 6 patients in my opinion, are much better candidates for FUT.

Best wishes,

Bill

1.Very happy I had a HT, changed my life. 7.5 months post op and already planning for second one to address crown.

2.I went with Dr Pathomvanich in Thailand.

3.We focused on getting good coverage from front to back with a conservative front hair line. Crown was left alone.

4. 4387 grafts

5. One so far. Next HT to address crown and get a little more density up front.

6. I did the shaved head but didnt like the look of it. HT has made me look 10 years younger and its only been 7 months post.

I would say FUT for advanced baldness like ours.

• 3 weeks later...