Dr Alan j Bauman

I've been us ring dr bauman hairloss products for two years now. This includes his minoxidil 82m, lasercap, and finasteride. I was thinking about getting a hair transplant from him using his fue with neograft. Is he a good doctor to perform the surgery or are there better ones?

Sure is - just look at the plentiful list of recommended Drs on this forum. Take your time researching and learning. There is so much to consider. Are you looking at FUT or FUE ? are you planning short or long term.

Get a few consultations too ! even on Skype etc if you cannot meet in person.

You could also post some pics on here ? How is your hair loss at present ? Do you know your current norwood level ?

I'm a Norwood 2a almost a 3and have halted my hair loss with prophecies and the formula 82m minoxidil . I'm just looking to restore my hairline and it to be long term. I've heard fut has better graft quality? Which doctors would you recommend and would you do fue or fut? Thanks!

Good luck with Dr B hope you got deep pockets but if you can efford 3K for a useless lazer cap then it shouldn't be a problem then huh?

A member here the other day was saying he was priced at a whoppin 60K for 6K grafts from Dr B using the neograft what a joke.

My advice do a lot more research.

ryanvon32,

Welcome! If you haven't already done so, I suggest checking out our interactive map for locating recommended surgeons in your area of interest.

Click here to review our recommendation standards.

I also recommend taking some time to fully educate yourself about NeoGraft and hair transplant surgery in general.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I feel I need to clarify something about Dr. Bauman. He does use the Neograft but he doesn't use the suction device. He disabled it long ago and uses the motorized punch portion which he feels has the best balance of any motorized punch in the industry. I think he's made adjustments to make it even better, in his opinion, to increase it's efficiency. So, while he is indeed using the Neograft, he isn't using the Neograft as it as orginally intended. What that means in the end is up to the patient to decide.

I feel I need to clarify something about Dr. Bauman. He does use the Neograft but he doesn't use the suction device. He disabled it long ago and uses the motorized punch portion which he feels has the best balance of any motorized punch in the industry. I think he's made adjustments to make it even better, in his opinion, to increase it's efficiency. So, while he is indeed using the Neograft, he isn't using the Neograft as it as orginally intended. What that means in the end is up to the patient to decide.

Whats crazy is that some forums made him seem that he does neograft the same way as other docs. If it wasn't for you to clarify, i am sure other, including myself, would think he uses the typical air suction neograft device. So, it seems like he is only using it as a motorized punch less the air suction portion. It is good to know.

It would be nice if moderators give a list of recommended tools and devices and care methods as asked in another thread. Because there were claims made that other docs use other tools and techniques and cleaning methods that may impact a result or make it subpar. However, that notion was intended for low charging docs by others.

But it is good to know the details on how this doc utilizes his tools. Without that knowledge, most would think he is the average neograft doc using a machine that uses air pressure to suck grafts.

Sean,

I think a number of doctors actually use the NeoGraft in this manner. Without the suction feature, it's very similar to a number of motorized devices available on the market. However, many believe adding vacuum suction forces to fragile FUE grafts can cause unnecessary damage.

A lot of threads here do discuss physicians and the tools they use. However, remember that the doctor using the tools is what's important in the end. The fanciest tools in the world do not make an untrained or unskilled practitioner good.

I'm not going to go into detail because it's just not a grenade worth unpinning, but I do have first hand knowledge that some clinics in areas of the world discussed in the other thread do not utilize proper sterilization techniques. These are standards accepted and taught in medical/surgical training in places like North America; I'm not completely certain what the accepted standards are in other regions, but I do know of some practices in areas that would not pass standards in NA.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.