Recommendations in NY

Rguy91

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forums and know very little about hair restoration/transplants. I'm 24 years old and have been dealing with hair loss since 19. I'm interested and very eager to get a transplant relatively soon and I'm trying to figure out who are the best surgeons in the NY area. So far, I have a consultation with Dr. Bernstein... Can you guys recommend a great surgeon in the NY area and perhaps comment on Dr. Bernstein. I would really appreciate any input!!

I've also made appointments with: Dr. Senderoff and Dr. Eli Levine

Thanks,

Rguy

5b32e707751df_FullSizeRender3.jpg.ac672a1e1d1de8ada6f97c138fccd3a5.jpg

5b32e70798ec3_FullSizeRender2.jpg.8a36e19a276fb5cb2e7823fd5677801d.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.fc5dfd249121e4b07339fc7409fb0aa4.jpg

Edited by Rguy91

Dr . Bernstein is very good but ultraconservative IMO and expensive. I personally would avoid him unless you have extra money to spend and only want 1500-2000 grafts per session and VERY conservative results.

Drs. True and Dorin are also good in NY as is Dr. Wesley. Dr. Feller is also considered one of the best in NY. All of these docs are recommended here so you can get a lot of information on them.

However, I suggest you don't limit your search to just NY as there are many good docs within driving distance of NY as well.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Spend some time here and look at a lot of results and ask a lot of questions. There is no need to rush into anything. Have you looked into any meds to help slow your hair loss progress?

The solution to your situation may be just around the corner or it may even be half way across the world.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Some solid surgeons are in New York, but in my own opinion the NY surgeons are 2nd tier - none would make the top 5 FUT surgeons in the USA, and none make the top FUE surgeons in the world. You really do not need to live/work close to the surgeon, absolutely no reason not to travel to another city or country if you want the best of the best surgeon. My top 5 are Dr Victor Hasson, Dr Ron Shapiro, Dr Rahal, Dr Feriduni, and Dr Erdogan (for FUE).

In terms of NY - Dr Bernstein quoted me around $9 a graft for FUT. The others on my list all charge less than $6 a graft. Dr Dorin quoted me $6 a graft, but the price does not drop after 2,000 grafts like the others mentioned do. Dr Feller's price is on his website, and I believe Dr Carlos Wesley is also very reasonable. In all honesty, I would consult with Feller, Wesley, and Dorin for NY, with Feller prob the best of the bunch - but rather travel elsewhere for better surgeons.

Rguy91,

Welcome to our community. Dr. Bernstein is a highly esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians and has a long standing history or providing his patients with excellent results. In my opinion, he is definitely worth consulting. To see a list of surgeons this community recommends in NY, click here.

I also encourage you to use the "search" feature of this community to see what patients are saying about all physicians you are considering. I think you will find that the members of this community are very helpful will help provide you with the information and support you need to make informed decisions. At the end of the day though, do plenty of research and take your time.

Best wishes,

Bill

Welcome!

If you're new to our community, check out our interactive map to locate the pre-screened, quality hair transplant surgeons we recommend worldwide.

You can read about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

Take your time and research carefully. There is a lot to know about hair transplant surgery and the docotrs that perm it.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...