Post Surgery Care

Hello,

I've got a transplant scheduled (Istanbul) on Tuesday. Can I do sightseeing/walk on Wednesday or do people normally spend the next few days indoor?

Also, any other tips? What to do/avoid etc?

Thank you.

You can walk out, wear a bandana and don't take any sun directly to the transplanted area and avoid banging your head, I know that is an obvious statement but just give plenty of room to people and be aware of possible bangs on public transport etc if taking.

Keep well hydrated also and especially if hot as it probably will be and try to enjoy your experience.

Your clinic will no doubt give you a post op presentation and documentation and do's and don'ts in terms of medication to take, spraying saline to the recipient etc. All the best for it and let us know how it goes. Happy to send you what we recommend to patients but of course you would need to run it by your own clinic also for their approval.

Edited by sl

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Some very good advice from SL as always.

Personally and speaking from experience the day after surgery I would not overdo it and stray too far from the hotel. You will be tired if you have flown recently and from the effects of the surgery and might wish to get back to the hotel to have a sleep. I know I did.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thanks for your kind replies. I'm flying to Istanbul from Kathmandu on Sunday (7 hr flight) and got a transplant scheduled on Tuesday. Returning back on Thursday night instead of Wednesday to ensure I got extra day to 'rest' and also, to be 'near' the doc should anything happen a day after surgery.

I'm getting the transplant around my crown area. Kinda nervous and a bit excited since this will be my first trip to Istanbul.

Thank you again.

Well the positive is for the crown no facial swelling so makes it easier for returning without signs.

All the best and let us know how it goes. You may want to take a travel pillow also to sleep with and use for the home journey and a button up shirt to avoid putting on and off t-shirts etc.

Travel as lightly as possible and try to have a seat that gives most protection so avoid isle if possible and I preferred window seats also so nothing falling down on me on flight home also.

Paranoid I know but I limited risks as much as I could and protected my investment as much as possible and sure it will all be okay.

Garageland has had many ops and flights and long ones also so is real veteran.

Enjoy the experience as much as you can and keep us posted and remember nerves are normal.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network