Recurring Hair Loss Dreams/Nightmares

I suddenly recalled today that in the first few years after realizing I was losing my hair, I'd have this recurring nightmare about hair loss.

In the dream I'd be riding shotgun in a car, just enjoying the ride. Then I'd stick my head out the window to feel the wind on my face and my hair would flutter off all at once to my shock and horror.

Got me wondering if anyone else had a similar experience with recurring hair loss dreams. Love to hear them!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Good topic David! I bet you woke up in a cold sweat desperately grabbing at your hair:D

Can't really think of any hair related dreams - I have regularly dreamed about teeth falling out which apparently can sometimes be interpreted as a fear of growing old. It will be interesting to hear about others amusing/horrifying dreams!

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Good topic David! I bet you woke up in a cold sweat desperately grabbing at your hair:D

Can't really think of any hair related dreams - I have regularly dreamed about teeth falling out which apparently can sometimes be interpreted as a fear of growing old. It will be interesting to hear about others amusing/horrifying dreams!

Interesting! My other recurring nightmare is teeth falling out though I haven't had that one in while. I didn't know it was related to a fear of growing old but it makes perfect sense!

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

Oh I've have had hair dreams my entire life! In them I always have long hair, and am admiring it, even though I am telling my self in the dream that I don't have long hair anymore.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Fun topic. :)

I definitely had dreams (more like nightmares, I suppose) about my hair falling out. They were at their peak about a year or so leading up to my hair transplant. I never had the same setup/scenario every time, but I would quite consistently have dreams where I would run my fingers through my hair and hundreds of hairs would just fall into my hand. Or I'd be at a party and suddenly see myself from the outside, like a spectator, and watch myself interact with my friends with an extremely receding hairline. I remember feeling so embarrassed in the dream. It was always way worse than it was even close to being in real life, but I would wake up sick to my stomach it felt so real.

Haven't had one of those dreams in a LONG time and wouldn't have even thought about them had you not mentioned this.

If the dreams come back tonight, I'm blaming you. :D

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Haven't had one of those dreams in a LONG time and wouldn't have even thought about them had you not mentioned this.

If the dreams come back tonight, I'm blaming you. :D

I take full responsibility for planting the seed!

Interestingly, I have not had one of those dreams since having hair transplant surgery so I guess those demons have been quieted.

I've had a dream multiple times where I wake up in the morning, walk to the bathroom, look at myself in the mirror and see a NW6 staring back at me. In this dream I'm not only a NW6, but I have a really, really bad haircut. It's longish in the back and on the sides and looks badly dyed. I look like an "accountant" from Central Casting...

I have this dream once or twice a year. I also have the broken/missing teeth dreams. Terrible stuff.