Recipient pain

Hey,

Post-op 7 days now, and still have recipient pain. The pain isn't intense, but it's definitely noticeable, and it comes and goes. Worse when I lie down. Also accompanied by a tingling sensation, which is again not constant.

There are lots of threads on donor pain, but hardly any on recipient pain. Is this something I should be concerned about? Is it an indication either way of whether or not the transplant will be successful or not?

Thanks very much :)

Hi, I think a little pain is to be expected, I had the same for a good few weeks post FUE just like you have described, nothing major, more an irritant.

When you consider what your scalp has just been through then I hope you will appreciate that a little discomfort is to be expected, however it should all calm down within a week or two.

Dr Bhatti FUE Oct 2014 3305 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

Nerves and blood vessel run throughout the entire scalp so what you are experiencing is multiple severed nerves and blood vessels.

For most, the pain level is not as acute because the level of invasiveness from the tiny recipient incisions are much less than what occurs in the donor area.

Congrats on your recent procedure...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY