LASIK equivilant to this forum

mav23100gunther

Hmm. Good question. You think there would be. Did you try realself or something like yelp even?

I attended an ophthalmology lecture one time and the speaker, a Lasik surgeon, warned us about "cheap" Lasik. He said the guys offering oddly low prices use outdated lasers and this could really affect the results. Again, this was coming from a guy who did Lasik -- and I'm sure had a very expensive laser -- but there was probably some truth in it.

I feel like Dave may have undergone Lasik? Maybe he can chime in?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks Blake, yeah so far I have heard that it is less about the doctor, and more about the equipment that gets used. With that being said, these are my eyes I am talking about, so would like to make sure I go with the best. In Europe they have also recently rolled out updated technology called the Relexsmile which has so far been found to be less invasive and more precise than Lasik as it only makes a small incision in the retina as aposed to creating a flap. It is still going through clinical trials in the US so has yet to be approved by the FDA. Seems as if the majority of patients in Europe are going with this new technology rather than Lasik. Would be great to find a forum like this one to research and read the member discussions.

Mav,

Did you send David a PM? I think he had Lasik a few years back and can probably share a few pearls.

PS: As you can probably tell, ophthalmology and eye anatomy/physiology wasn't my favorite subject in med school! Haha.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks Blake, not as yet. I'll send him a PM to give him a nudge. We PM'd earlier this week on a separate topic and the poor guy says he has been overwhelmed of late keeping certain members in-check and dealing with the Busa backlash.

I actually have my first Lasik consultation this week, so if all goes according to plan by the end of the year I would have rid myself of glasses, restored a decent head of hair via a HT, and removed the hairs from my back via laser hair removal - haha. Mandel seems to be the talk of NYC in terms of Lasik - we shall see

• 4 weeks later...