Where are the patient posted results for True and Dorin?

I was considering this clinic but it is concerning that I am not seeing these. The thread search function on this site has not worked for a while but I did a google search and did a find on page, manual search page by page and really couldn't find any.

Has anyone see patient posted results by True and Dorin, especially any FUE cases?

houtex,

What seems to be the trouble you're having with the search feature? It's working fine for me. I simply selected to search the term Dorin in Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients and found the following...

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177516-dr-dorin-2nd-hair-transplant-10-month-update.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169951-true-dorin-7-month-update.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/166465-corvettesters-10-month-update.html

You can also check out our Hair Restoration Websites. These are patient created and searchable by physician.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

there are far better and cheaper choices. you haven't done enough research yet.... keep searching. and their prices are comical.

BUSA,

True and Dorin are well known as among the best in their field. They each have a long track record of producing world class results. Furthermore, they are both esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration physicians.

You're entitled to your own opinion but repeatedly disparaging our recommendation criteria by explicitly telling members who have chosen a recommended physician that they have not done enough research shows a complete disregard for this community and all it stands for.

In short, please don't listen to BUSA. He is clearly biased toward specific physicians and advises anyone that does not choose one of those physicians that they are making the wrong choice.

Do your due diligence by carefully researching and make the best choice for you. You can count on physicians we recommend to deliver consistently excellent results and top notch patient care.

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

In short, please don't listen to BUSA. He is clearly biased toward specific physicians and advises anyone that does not choose one of those physicians that they are making the wrong choice.

Constant narrow minded negativity has no place on this forum and doesn't benefit anyone. Those who continue to display this kind of attitude should be wished into the cornfield along side Keyser Soze .

David they don't produce large FUE procedures which is a sign of their lack of skill and their prices are outrageous! show me the examples of this clinic doing 4000-5000+ FUE procedures?

ur top clinics around the world demonstrate their skill with FUE by not only performing small procedures but large ones as well?

and being recommended isn't the end all be all we all know that. I mean look at Cohen from CT. he is recommended here yet his work is terrible! he is another one who can't produce large FUE results. in fact, I've never seen more then 2500 FUE grafts from him. he like many other HT surgeons were recommended to this site because of their FUT NOT his FUE skills. the same can be said for T&D. they were recommended here for their FUT skills long before they started dabbling with FUE.

its not bias its common sense. show that you as a clinic can perform large FUE and be successful doing so. so if I wanted to go to True and Dorin and needed 6000 FUE grafts I wudnt be able to go there cause they don't have the skill to pull that off. and you think thats being biased? those are hard facts!

David show me the results where T&D have done 5000+ grafts FUE procedures.

they have been on business for 20+ years and I seen Dr. True sneak into Dr. Wooodz seminar back in 2000 in NY city so Dr. Wooodz cud school him on FUE. and 15 years later they still can't produce large FUE procedures. think wat u want David but that demonstrates their lack of skill.

their skill is in FUT not FUE.

I stand by my statement, there are better choices out there for far less money. thats a fact not an opinion.

BUSA,

True and Dorin are well known as among the best in their field. They each have a long track record of producing world class results. Furthermore, they are both esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration physicians.

You're entitled to your own opinion but repeatedly disparaging our recommendation criteria by explicitly telling members who have chosen a recommended physician that they have not done enough research shows a complete disregard for this community and all it stands for.

Do your due diligence by carefully researching and make the best choice for you. You can count on physicians we recommend to deliver consistently excellent results and top notch patient care.

Constant narrow minded negativity has no place on this forum and doesn't benefit anyone. Those who continue to display this kind of attitude should be wished into the cornfield along side Keyser Soze .
this coming from the brain surgeon who thinks Mexico is the place to go for a hair transplant..... dude plz stop from commenting on anything wen u think Mexico is the go-to place for a HT smh....:rolleyes:

David they don't produce large FUE procedures which is a sign of their lack of skill and their prices are outrageous! show me the examples of this clinic doing 4000-5000+ FUE procedures?

ur top clinics around the world demonstrate their skill with FUE by not only performing small procedures but large ones as well?

and being recommended isn't the end all be all we all know that. I mean look at Cohen from CT. he is recommended here yet his work is terrible! he is another one who can't produce large FUE results. in fact, I've never seen more then 2500 FUE grafts from him. he like many other HT surgeons were recommended to this site because of their FUT NOT his FUE skills. the same can be said for T&D. they were recommended here for their FUT skills long before they started dabbling with FUE.

its not bias its common sense. show that you as a clinic can perform large FUE and be successful doing so. so if I wanted to go to True and Dorin and needed 6000 FUE grafts I wudnt be able to go there cause they don't have the skill to pull that off. and you think thats being biased? those are hard facts!

David show me the results where T&D have done 5000+ grafts FUE procedures.

they have been on business for 20+ years and I seen Dr. True sneak into Dr. Wooodz seminar back in 2000 in NY city so Dr. Wooodz cud school him on FUE. and 15 years later they still can't produce large FUE procedures. think wat u want David but that demonstrates their lack of skill.

their skill is in FUT not FUE.

I stand by my statement, there are better choices out there for far less money. thats a fact not an opinion.

I tend to agree partly with the late Busa on the fact that T&D may not be capable of performing larger HT procedures, not just for FUE, but even FUT. There was a recent post where Dr.Dorin estimated 3,000 grafts via FUT but fell short by a couple of hundred grafts. In addition this clinic did not instruct this particular patient to perform scalp laxity exercises before the procedure. I think Dr. Dorin has produced some solid results after multiple sessions, and does a good job with less. Nothing wrong with taking the conservative approach, and I think this is a great plan for certain patients (i.e that want to preserve donor and don't want to shave for a procedure), but I feel that any clinic who cannot perform 3,000 or greater grafts via FUT when appropriate is maybe falling behind the times. The lack of scalp laxity exercises in the pre-op instructions for a 3,000 graft procedure seems odd too.

mav,

I'm not familiar with the case you mentioned above but falling short by a couple of hundred grafts would not be something I'd find unusual. Sometimes the strip yields more, sometimes less. What this supposedly deliberate?

In my perspective, the issue of session sizes is a completely different one from what the OP asked. The question was about finding patient posted results. He didn't even ask for opinions from people with no direct experience having surgery with Drs. True and Dorin. But, in typical fashion, BUSA jumped in to notify this patient that he has no done enough research, etc., etc...

I'm not going to go on about that because it's history now. But, on the topic of session sizes, I don't know the max number of grafts T&D do in a day for either FUT or FUE but I find that is not an indicator of a physician's ability to produce natural and aesthetically pleasing results. Not all patients require mega-sessions and not all the need them are candidates for them.

If I need 1,500 grafts and I like a surgeon who regularly presents work in that range that curls my toes am I making a mistake in choosing him because another doctor can do twice or three times a much in a day? Sorry, I don't get that logic.

As far as I'm aware, we don't know many grafts houtex needs or wants. Is he making a mistake by considering True & Dorin when they are obviously delivering consistently excellent results? Not at all. Maybe one of them is the doc for him and maybe not but there is certainly no harm in consulting with them if he likes what he sees.

Hi David,

See the link -

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179790-2700-grafts-dr-dorin-after-consultation-dr-true.html

I absolutely agree that T&D are solid surgeons and produce solid results. I consulted with them for my first procedure and really liked Dr. Dorin. He is a straight talker, And I felt he was extremely honest. The clinic does take a conservative approach, and I believe that like his recommendation to me, he takes a two procedure in 12 months approach to achieve the desired result. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, and it works for patients preferring to go with that approach. Just pointing out that to the best of my knowledge, that clinic doesn't cater to the high NW patient that wants to try bang ieverything or the majority out in one single sprocedure with a mega-session. I know Shapiro Medical group a decade ago lived by the more conservative approach, but has since moved forward with the times and can offer their high NW patients both options. Likewise, even though H&W primarily cater towards the ultra-large mega-sessions, they can also cater for smaller sessions. I.e. for my 2nd procedure I am considering Dr. Hasson, but the grafts will probably be under 3,000. The point ii'm making, and I think the late Busa was making too - is that I think it's an inherent limitation of T&D not to be offering the option of large mega-sessions. Like I said, not knocking them, and I have seen solid results from them.

"I'm not familiar with the case you mentioned above but falling short by a couple of hundred grafts would not be something I'd find unusual. Sometimes the strip yields more, sometimes less. What this supposedly deliberate?"

David, I highly doubt it was delibirate, but apparently T&D don't have scalp-laxity exercises in their pre-op instructions. If this was the reason that Dr Dorin couldn't get the targeted graft count, then i think it's an avoidable oversight. If it was due to another reason, then I apologize and take back my criticism - although I do find it an oversight not to have scalp-laxity exercises prescribed in pre-op instructions for strip surgeries.