How long until I need a hair transplant? (Pic)

I'm 17. I've been losing hair since I was 15 and I'm just absolutely devastated but recently my father promised me to pay for a hair transplant in the future.

So my question to you guys is: how long do I have left to get a HT? Here is a pic of my hair: Image - TinyPic - gratis v?rdtj?nst f?r bilder, foton och video

Hi, first thing you need to do is try and consultation to find out if it's definitely male pattern hair loss, and not another medical reason.

Your very young and I know you won't want to hear this, but most reputable clinics won't touch you this young.

Medication is probably going to be your best friend at this time, if it's male pattern baldness then there are meds out there than can slow the process down and for some people regrow some of lost hair.

I know you probably want to jump straight in but you are too young in most surgeons eyes for a hair transplant

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Hi, first thing you need to do is try and consultation to find out if it's definitely male pattern hair loss, and not another medical reason.

Your very young and I know you won't want to hear this, but most reputable clinics won't touch you this young.

Medication is probably going to be your best friend at this time, if it's male pattern baldness then there are meds out there than can slow the process down and for some people regrow some of lost hair.

I know you probably want to jump straight in but you are too young in most surgeons eyes for a hair transplant

Thanks for the reply.

The doctor said to my that it was MPB when he took the blood sample. I said I'd do the HT in 3-5 years, not now.

I agree with the other poster. One thing you may want to try is rocking a really short buzz cut. It looks like it's fairly short now but if you go shorter it may look better. You still have a hairline so if you can make it the same length everywhere it might look like you're just choosing a buzz cut. Easy to maintain too!

Ffs but can I do a HT in the future?? Yes or no

P.s: i don't wanna take drugs because of its side effects

I would say yes, but at 17, you are losing hair at an early age and you would need to see your family history and likely stage of baldness at 30, 40...

Someone with experience would be able to say whether 17 is too young to start meds, but it would be your best chance of maintaining what's there.

I would say yes, but at 17, you are losing hair at an early age and you would need to see your family history and likely stage of baldness at 30, 40...

Someone with experience would be able to say whether 17 is too young to start meds, but it would be your best chance of maintaining what's there.

I'd say I'm unlucky losing my hair so early. My father also suffered MPB but it started in his mid 30s

I hope your doctor did a full panel of blood work. Did he test your DHT levels, your thyroid and your other hormone levels? Consider Finasteride with your Dr. Maybe when you're 18 you can start that. Ask your doctor about taking it every other day to possibly help avoid side effects.

Buddy - I know you don't want to, but the best thing you can do now is get on Fin and start applying Rogain everyday. Don't stop either. You can definitely have a HT later on, but a HT alone won't help you if you are headed towards a high NW. Trust me on this, you will live to regret not getting on Fin and Rogaine while you still have the hair you have. If someone had given me this same advice when I was 17, then that would have been the best piece of advice someone has ever given me.