Good Strip Surgeon in Southern CA?

Can anyone recommened a good strip surgeon that can add good desmity to the hairline in SoUthern California?

From what i have read on post etc the trico closure is the best closure for the strip metheod, the trico closure is almost invisible from what i have read?

Thanks everyone im a newbie here ?

Densityrus,

I've moved your post to its own thread where it will get more exposure and deleted a duplicate post. You can start your own thread by entering the desired sub forum and clicking the New Thread button.

Here is a link to all the hair transplant surgeons we recommend in CA. I suggest carefully researching each of these physicians.

You can view our recommendation criteria here.

Choosing a hair transplant surgeon can be a difficult decision. You'll find that the more people you ask, the more opinions you'll get as to which is the best. When choosing from among the finest surgeons in the industry, you'll find that there is no simple answer. The best surgeon for one patient is not necessarily the best surgeon for the next patient.

There is no substitute for putting in the time to read reviews and view results shared by both the clinic and patients. If you haven't already checked them out, you may want to take a look at our hair restoration websites. These are created by patients and are searchable by physician.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Can anyone recommened a good strip surgeon that can add good desmity to the hairline in SoUthern California?

From what i have read on post etc the trico closure is the best closure for the strip metheod, the trico closure is almost invisible from what i have read?

Thanks everyone im a newbie here ?

Honestly, it's a huge mistake to limit yourself to a particular state. I made that mistake, and ended up using a tier 2 surgeon. Rather plan to travel and go with one of the best of the best strip surgeons in the world, which are (drum drum):

Dr Victor Hasson

Dr Ron Shapiro

Dr Rahal

Dr Feriduni

Dr Konior

The best part of it, you don't even need to take my word for it, if you do your homework and research research research - then you should come up with the same list. Now picking one of the 5 ...... That's a whole different story

It's definitely true that it's best not to limit your options to a specific location, though the convenience of finding someone local is definitely nice. You'll get more face time with your surgeon, followups will be easy, etc., but those are just added bonuses should the surgeon who's right for you happen to be close by.

What David said is spot on. There is no "one size fits all" answer to the big question of "Which Doctor should I choose?" You have some of the top names that people mention time and again, all of whom have a solid reputation of providing solid, consistent results. But as this forum will show you, there are a lot of really great options out there in addition to the big "heavy hitters". Take advantage of this site, look at the different doctors and their results, weigh the pros and cons of each of them, and go from there. What appeals to you about one doctor may not appeal to someone else. Then ultimately, trust your gut.

Best of luck!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

It's definitely true that it's best not to limit your options to a specific location, though the convenience of finding someone local is definitely nice. You'll get more face time with your surgeon, followups will be easy, etc.,

Best of luck!

Honestly, that added convenience shouldn't even be a factor at all. It's nice to be in nearby for the 1st few days after surgery (which you should always plan to be when seeing an out of town Dr) - but outside of the 1st week there is absolutely no added benefit being nearby. If something goes wrong after the 1st week, there is really nothing the good doc can do for you. In terms of follow-ups - sending high quality pics to the surgeon is more than sufficient.

BUSA is anti-strip, but I still am not sure after reading a bunch of his posts whether or not he's actually had a hair transplant.

It comes down to a few things. FUE is more expensive (especially in the states) but has the convenience feature, if you ever fancy shaving your head real short. If you're looking to take advantage of the most potential future grafts, FUT is the way to go because you can always do FUE later. I had FUT, and I had it for a few reasons...I wanted a big (large graft count) surgery and the graft transection rate for FUT is extremely low, especially with a doctor like Konior.

And as much as some guys make noise about scars on this site, unless I get cancer, I won't be showing my scar to anyone. And if I do get cancer, a scar will be the least of my worries.

Honestly, that added convenience shouldn't even be a factor at all. It's nice to be in nearby for the 1st few days after surgery (which you should always plan to be when seeing an out of town Dr) - but outside of the 1st week there is absolutely no added benefit being nearby. If something goes wrong after the 1st week, there is really nothing the good doc can do for you. In terms of follow-ups - sending high quality pics to the surgeon is more than sufficient.

I'm not saying it should be a factor either. I'm only speaking from my own personal experience of being able to be in my own place, sleep in my own bed, etc. the day of surgery and the few days after. It absolutely shouldn't make a difference in someone's ultimate decision - but it did make the entire process so much more comfortable for me. I'm a homebody though, so I'm sure I value that extra convenience more than your average guy. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56