Sun cream or spray for scalp

Hi guys,

Can any one help advise, going on holiday six weeks after procedure and where I'm going has temperatures of 35+ so I'm a bit worried about protecting my new grafts, I will be wearing a hat most of the time but for those times when I will not can anyone recommend the best product to use on the scalp for sun screen?

Cheers

Pma

I would check with your Doctor to follow his instructions to the letter when it comes to exposing your scalp to the sun. As you said when out in bright sunshine I would be wearing a hat but for other times use a spf 50 spray and make sure you keep applying it. As your hair is nice and short it should be easy to apply.

Have a good holiday. Saw your update and you look great btw.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I used the spray on my scalp as well and it worked great. I personally think the spray is a better option than the cream. As already stated though, wearing a hat is your best defense against the sun and I would make every effort to wear one any time you're in the sun.

Have fun on vacation!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Thanks David yes I will always keep my hat on, and sun cream as well better to be safe hey.

Good plan mate, gotta protect that massive investment you just made. If that was me I would use both the spray and a hat at all times. I know it sucks on your vacation, but the shade is your friend.

Hi pma

I have very recently returned from holiday with temps into mid 30's. Following advice from Dr Lorenzo I used factor 50 invisible spray..its a little greasy but I didnt burn my scalp whatsoever. .just remember to re-apply at very regular intervals (I was re-applying every 30 mins) and/or wear a hat..