Dr William Lindsey - FUT scar repaired with modified FUE (mFUE)

I'm posting this case for Dr. Linsdey:

This patient came to Dr. Lindsey seeking a FUT (strip or "FUSS") scar repair. According to Dr. Lindsey he's a "poor" scar-er and didn't have great donor supply either.

A full strip extraction of the scar and closure would likely still result in another poor strip scar. He also had poor donor characteristics, so extracting traditional FUE grafts and implanting them into thickened scar tissue seemed risky as well.

Because of this, Dr. Lindsey decided to repair the scar using mFUE. He extracted mFUE grafts, had the grafts dissected microscopically, closed the mFUE sites with sutures, and implanted grafts into the previous scar.

FUT%20scar_zpsndjooyws.jpg

Here is a picture of the strip scar "before"

mFUE%20sites%20sutured_zpsebk7yejz.jpg

Here you can see the mFUE sites closed with sutures (and the old strip scar above)

Suture%20removed%20and%20mFUE%20sites%20healing_zpsywhhsyyg.jpg

Sutures are out and the mFUE scars are maturing

Final%20Result_zps1rh8uyct.jpg

Results at 5 months

Dr. Lindsey purposely extracted the mFUE grafts close to the old strip scar so they could be easily compared. As you can see, the sites healed really nicely. Even in this gentleman classified as a poor scar-er. Additionally, the sturdier grafts camouflaged the old scar extremely well.

Edited by Blake_Bloxham

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Are the scars at 3 and 9 o'clock remnants of the strip scar or new from the so called mFUE? Either way a few hundred beard FUEs would have rendered the FUSS scar invisible and avoided a withdrawal from the precious scalp donor bank. I had a much worse linear scar treated with 301 beard grafts a year ago and it is now history, pifft.....gone forever!

Are the scars at 3 and 9 o'clock remnants of the strip scar or new from the so called mFUE? Either way a few hundred beard FUEs would have rendered the FUSS scar invisible and avoided a withdrawal from the precious scalp donor bank. I had a much worse linear scar treated with 301 beard grafts a year ago and it is now history, pifft.....gone forever!
I think ur right beard hairs wud have accomplished the same result more or less but not everyone has good beard hair to donate to the scalp. its nice to see more options out there cause not everyone has the same donor hair on their body.