Worried about my health

Hello all,

I have been wanting to ask a question. I am on propecia the past 3 years. Recently, I have noticed the occasional pimple or two in my face when taking the drug. I'm not sure what's going on. My sex drive is also pretty strong. The drive has been there for the past 3 years. Now, for the first year on propecia, I was shedding like crazy. But the shed stopped and I regrew what I lost. However, I didn't grow any new hairs. It's just the hairs I lost came back thicker. I'm also taking rogain which seems to have a synergetic effect on my hair.

Now the question is, I have been googling and it seems I might have the classic symptoms of reflex hyperandrogeneticity? I do have the oily face. But like I said if I got a pimple or two, it's generally over couple weeks and it goes away. Should this mean that I should quit the drug altogether? I asked dr. Dorin about it, he didn't seem to think it was a problem. But I'm worried if this increase in androgen is permanent even if I do quit the drug? I don't know whom to ask for help and it seems the primary source of all this is dr. Peter proctor (is he legit?). I have never seen other ht surgeons comment about this. Can some one please shed some light on this issue? As I'm worried about my health.

Thanks

Kujii

No sides only pimples now & then?

That's not a bad trade off, for many people would take all day long to hold onto there hair.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you break out something crazy.

Hello. Thanks for your courteous reply. Yes, I get a pimple like once every two weeks. It goes away after I take tea tree oil or use the cvs benziil acne remover. I forgot what the cvs cream is called but it has 10% of some medication that keeps my forehead dry. It's a bit oily. Nothing too significant. Hence I was thinking should I reduce the dosage? To perhaps 0.5 everyday? I tried 0.5 today. I don't mind losing a bit of hair just to keep the skin clear etc. I'm worried about what dr. Peter proctor has said. Something about if I keep taking propecia I would need my balls castrated or something. Hence I asked if he was a legit doctor. I have never seen a doctor give so much free advise over the net, Which gives me doubts

Maybe Dr Proctor can speak with tens of 1000s of guys who's been taking the drug for 20yrs & still have there balls.

Or maybe have him come on this forum to let us know why he makes comments like that unless he hasn't the balls that is...LOL

You could take less of a dose & see if that makes any sort of dif.

Yes I believe I have had the same hair the past 3 years. Maybe a little progressive hair loss , which according to the medications, it's to be expected since it's supposed to halt/slow down hair loss.

I am not in any position to ask a doctor to come in this forum to make a comment. I was just reading what he had written that generally for people taking propecia for prostrate enlargement, they needed it castrated due to reflex hyperandrogeneticity. However, castrating it also made the medication lose its effectiveness. I'm worried if I will have some health issues going forward such as prostrate problems or cancer. Hence I asked these questions. I'm 31 years old. I'm planning on having another elective procedure soon. I just haven't decided on a doctor just yet. I'm leaning towards dr. Raymond konior just from the results I have seen from this doctor.