How thick should new hair be at six (6) months?

There was a recent thread on this topic. I agree with the comments in this post and typically what I see.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177224-whats-general-expected-rate-hair-growth-transplants.html

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

This can be potentially graded on a curve somewhere between 40% - 65% depending on your own physiology. Some start with a slower rate of growth and some at a quicker rate.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

No problem. I do however think that these timelines are only a very rough guide and people should treat them as a guide.

Over the years I have seen many patients at 6 months be well behind where they should be according to this types of timelines and it causes them a great deal of stress only for them to get much more growth after the 6 month stage.

It also applies to patients who have had a tremendous improvement at 6 months and are so happy thinking that it is going to be twice as good by the 1 year mark. Usually in this case they end up a bit disappointed when they realize that they saw around 80% of their growth in the first 6 months.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thanks for that dude, but I did ask for opinions on two different things, one related to growth and one to thickness, which while similar, are not necessarily the same. :)

The percentages that David posted (from the link I posted last month) doesn't necessarily mean new hairs will sprout but also refers to hair density in the later months. From what I understand that is.

Here is a link from my doctor which explains it. If I adding a link from a HTN recommended Dr. is frowned on...... Please remove moderators. Click on growth timeline.

http://www.gabelcenter.com/hair-transplants/

Edited by Squatch

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html