4070 FUT with Dr. Bernardino Arocha... 6 Mos in. Make me feel better bros...

RyanT

So I'm 6 months in with my FUT from Dr. Arocha. I had my FUT done on Nov 21st of 2014 at his office in Houston. I have nothing negative to say about the experience, other than I wish I was a little more prepared for the scar. But hey, it is worth it if I get the desired results.

I am 37 years old, started thinning in my mid-late twenties. Started on finasteride at age 26 and still continue to this day (no side effects).

Finally decided to take the plunge with Dr. Arocha and did a mega session of 4070 grafts. I did post-op follow up as well as 2 months in, going to back for another visit soon. All indications that everything went fine and he was very positive about how the results would end up.

However, I am 6 months in and I am starting to get nervous. I have seen a little bit of growth, but not nearly what I have seen from others with this amount of grafts at this stage. Everyone says you should have more than 50% growth by month 6. Is that true?

Please take a look at my pics and tell me I'm just being paranoid. :o

Pics below are 1 day after surgery.

11_22_14.jpg.3649b2affdf8fea49fc565bab73e6710.jpg

11_22.14-2.jpg.dc6895f51b34b85e5e9921e67a5c01f0.jpg

11_22.14-3.jpg.d753bf57a0d327f8d4320eeae521b906.jpg

11_23_14.jpg.ab3b8eae821481d45b863e9ceb2531ef.jpg

Edited by RyanT

Did you continue to lose on finasteride?

Man, I'd like to make you feel better but I'd expect more at this stage. On the positive side, I have seen big changes between 6 and 12 months, so fingers crossed.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

usually the rule of the thumb is 50% at 5 months. ur not quite there yet. id say ur at 30% at 5 months. don't panic yet. I've seen ppl grow up to 18 months. some ppl are just slow growers but 4000 grafts is quite a bit so I wud assume ur gonna get a lot more growth.

the crown area looks kinda sparse as far as grafts placement goes and the crown area takes far longer to grow. really doesn't appear to be 4000 grafts in there but looks can be decieving.

tough to gauge unless u post before pics.

When I go see dr Arocha I will ask him to send me the before pics,he even took some a year before my procedure as I was at the beginning stage of planning/saving.

I know that some are slow growers and have experienced results later but its disheartening to see how many people have shown dramatic improvements in 3-5 months, much more than myself at more than 6 now.

I did plenty of research in the years leading up to this so my expectations aren't unreal, but after spending 18k on this procedures better damn we'll get something out of it.

Did you continue to lose on finasteride?

Man, I'd like to make you feel better but I'd expect more at this stage. On the positive side, I have seen big changes between 6 and 12 months, so fingers crossed.

No, I actually gained a little and kept my hair with fin that's why I've stuck with it so long. No plans to get off I understand that I will lose more as I age.

When you run you finger tips over the recipient area to you notice a beard like stubble? At 6 months a fair percentage of the grafts should have at least broken the skin. As noted there have been well documented cases of late growth on this forum so there is not much else you can do but wait. Dr. A can view your recipient area under the scope and can provide further insight into your progress when you go in for follow up.