Did Rogaine make my face swell?! :(

So I recently got back on Rogaine for a couple of months now.

In this process I also got back into getting myself in shape as I was no doubt out of it.

I always thought "wow I'm really getting into shape now" as my body was losing fat all over.

But I thought my face was always the part of me that needed more work. I thought the more I get in shape the easier this will be to see my cheekbones really pop like they used to. I feel like I'm very close to my goals but yet my jaw isn't as sharp and defined. Then, like any other thing I come to find out a side effect of Rogaine can cause puffy face / face swelling.

This is where I thought the apocalypse was coming because then I started to get paranoid as hell thinking is Rogaine making my face swell? As if my hair problem isn't enough I have been on Rogaine for years I can't stop now, I'll lose my hair I've gained. I heard stopping Rogaine fixes it so I have been off it for about 3 days. I'm scared my hairs gonna start to go. So I don't know how much of this could be Rogaine and how much of this could be my weight / paranoia. I'm gonna keep losing weight but I also don't know if that's worth helping my hair fall out faster?

What do I do?! is it Rogaine or all in my head? If NEEDED, I can post pictures but I posted this to see your guys experiences and if anyone has dealt with this like I have, would really appreciate it.

I think it could be in your head. I would say if you are super low body fat and your face is puffy it could be rogaine, but if you still have weight to lose, I'd stay on Rogaine.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...
It could be that or your just getting paranoid altough

Kinda common puffy face with rogain.

Are you on any other Med such as Fin?

Yes I am, have been for about 2 years now. And what can I do about this puffy fave if I do have it? I don't wanna lose my hair :(

Hmmm kinda common this puffy face I've read.

How much rogain/ Min you use? Maybe knock some back & just use say 3 times a wk they say the experts that just once day is fine as it last for upto 22hrs.

Have a go at just using it 3 maybe 4 times a wk that may help some or even switch brand such as kirkland foam / lipogain..

Otherthan that I don't know what to say bro.

Your on Fin also right?

• 1 month later...