Surgery booked with Transmed | Q re frontal hairline

Albion71

Hi all.

I've gone ahead and booked in with Transmed in Instanbul for a strip surgery. I'll be having around 3,000 grafts, the aim being to deal with the frontal hairline and about two thirds of the top of the head. The crown I'm leaving for now, as it's not too bad, and I'm thinking of tackling that later with FUE. I'll update you on my experience as I've found everyone else's diaries so useful.

Anyway, a Q about the frontal hairline. Another clinic told me that they would reconstruct the frontal hairline with greater density than further back on the head. Yet speaking to other clinics, they suggest this would (a) look unnatural, and (b) complicate any further surgery to the frontal hairline. Does anyone have a view on this? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi Albion,

Sorry I missed this, I try to keep an eye out for transmed posts because I had mine with them 10 months ago. Would be great to see some pictures from you, mine seems to be the only one that has fairly regular updates... although I could have updated it more.

I'm not sure about the denseness. I guess you have to factor in the future, if you are still thining, likely to thin, thick transplanted areas will become out of place. I'm also assuming that dense packing of hair carries more risk or loosing transplants, but don't quote me on it :)

I would not get it too dense at hairline as in nature the immediate hairline is soft and slightly see through.If I was you I would ask them to either do the same density over the whole top or do a softer(less pluggy looking) hairline then increase the density going back behind to the top area so it can support the hairline and look more natural if you get my drift. Remember a hairline that is too thick,harsh is a givaway to someone having had a HT. Just tell the clinic what you want as you are paying them not the other way around.

HT 2006/7

there are arguments on both sides. you can go slightly denser in the hairline, but use more single hairs and hairs from the side of the head to give you the soft, natural look. and then you can reduce the density as you go back since that's going to naturally be covered by layering and not the first thing the eye sees.