FUE post op

Hi all

I'm due to have my FUE in June and was wondering what advice you have on the aftercare following a FUE procedure?

I've checked this forum inside out and can't find a particular section on it. I've also seen a few similar posts but with very few replies. Thought i'd have a go.

Can folks share some products they recommend to help reduce swelling, redness, etc. Also, any do's and dont's that you may think are useful.

Best

CJ

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on your pending surgery! After the surgery, listen closely to what your doctor says. Sometimes if you're on a sedative during the day, you may not pay close attention. You will probably be prescribed pain meds. Take them as instructed even if you are not feeling uncomfortable pain. Gently keep the grafts moist during the first two days or so with a solution given by your doctor. You usually lightly mist your head with this. You won't shower for about a week so use the shampoo given by the doctor and pour it over your head as directed. Keep the donor area clean each day. Scabbing will naturally occur and will begin to wash off some-what during the second week after you start showering with some water pressure. Keep us posted with updates. Congrats.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

CJ,

John brings up a great point; one of the most important things to do after a procedure is make sure you're following your clinic's specific post-operative instructions to a T! Good luck on the upcoming procedure!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

1) Have button shirts or zip clothing ready especially for the day of your surgery. The last thing you want to be doing is pulling garments over your head after the surgery and for several days after that as well.

2) Have plenty of sex leading up to your HT, as after your HT the last thing you want to be doing is banging your head against the headboard of the bed.

All the best ..............................Paddy