Pulling Out Hair

jimjohanson

Hi everyone,

If I grab some hair hair from the very back of my head (where the hairline ends) and try to pull it out, no hair comes out. However, if I grab some hair on the top of my head and in the front, between two and four hair come out every time I do this.

Does this automatically mean that I suffer from male pattern boldness or are the hair on the back of the head generally stronger?

Thank you very much for your answers!

I can remember in the good ol' days before I realized I was going bald that I began to be able to pull hair out in front very easily with no pain. It was like separating Velcro. I don't know if everyone has a similar experience when hair loss begins but I've always figured that was the start of it.

I can't say if you have mpb or not but it couldn't hurt to consult with a dermatologist specializing in h air loss.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

A thin miniaturized hair will pull out very easy. I have fairly mild mpb at this point and I remember shedding a lot even as a young child just by running my fingers through my hair doing my homework and watching it fall on the pages. I would make like piles. I'm 36 now. So, if hair coming out easy is mpb, if hasn't affected me drastically over 25 years of watching it happen.

I think what's most important is if it's growing in as fast as it's falling out.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thank you very much for all your answers! I have exactly the same problem. When I do homework or study and run my fingers through my hair it comes out easily so I stopped doing that.

What I am really disappointed is that I have visited a qualified and well experienced trichologist some days ago which closely looked at my hair with a micro camera and he concluded that it is not because of MPB but because of my immune system which attacked my hair (I forgot the exact name for it) and it should improve over some weeks.... I also told him that my previous trichologist told me that it is MPB but he said that this is not true, it is the easiest thing to say and that the other trichologist was not as experienced as him.

I do not understand how an experienced trichologist can come to such a wrong diagnose and I payed a lot of money for it. I am really disappointed.