BioFibre Hair?

Hi guys, (I hope I've posted this in the right section!?)

I'm 21 years old and been suffering from MPB now for about three and a half years. :eek: It sucks and feels awful loosing hair at such a young age. I've been on Propecia and Rogaine for a year and a half now and it's managed to stabilise my loss. :)

I haven't really had any regrowth though from my treatments but I expected it as they are mainly for prevention. I'm really unhappy with the way my hair looks and it's caused me to loose a lot of confidence. :( I've recently got a place at university, and I'm so nervous and worried to go because of my situation! I've been thinking about a HT, I'm a Norwood Three with a Vertex too. I'm not sure if I am to young or not for it though? Another remedy I found is BioFibre. It's sort of like fake hair but it actually gets fixed in to your scalp in the thinning areas and their is no recovery! I desperately want to do something about my hair. Does anyone have any experience of BioFibre? I couldn't find a lot of things about it. It seems like their is a risk of infection with it though which doesn't sound to promising.

I'm open to all options apart from a Hair System which I'm not interested to get. I play a lot of sport so I don't think this option would be convenient. :confused:

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Cammy

From what little I have seen about these fake hair implants, they are a terrible idea.....I remember seeing one guy where the fake hair was "rejected" and left him with a lot of scar tissue on his scalp.

• Moderators

This was banned in the USA way back in the late 1980s or early 90s due to extremely high infection rates, bleeding, other complications, and a lot of consumer complaints about the procedure.

If you do it, be advised that the result is not permanent. The hairs fall out or break off over time. You have to go back every 2 years or so to replace what has been lost.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I had never heard of this before this post. I went to their website and checked it out. It's kind of an interesting theory if they can ever get it right where people aren't rejecting the implants and getting infections and scars. Imagine if you could add 3000-5000 of these along with your real hair. If it blended in well and was undetectable you could really have some good density going.

OP....you should post some pics. You'll get a lot of great feedback here.

Happy is right. This procedure was banned in the states. It causes a severe immune reaction in the scalp. Some of the images are quite dramatic!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.