What can i do besides a transplant. Please advise

Hello all,

I have been a regular guest reader of this valuable forum, however, this is my first post here. I have been considering HT with Dr. Hamayun in Islamabad. However, prior to going there, I want your advise on retaining my existing hair.

I used Finasteride and Minoxodil 5% for a month but i experienced erectile dysfunction and loss of libido. After having a research on what was happening to me, I came to know that it was because of Finasteride. I stopped, immediately. Lucky me, i have now gained all I had before. I have now started Hair4u. This lotion has in it minoxidil 5% and aminixil 5%. after 4 months of regular and sometimes intermittent use, i dont have any positive results.

So my questions is, please advise on what can i do to retain my existing hair to the extent possible? Looking forward to your valuable advice.

Hello all,

I have been a regular guest reader of this valuable forum, however, this is my first post here. I have been considering HT with Dr. Hamayun in Islamabad. However, prior to going there, I want your advise on retaining my existing hair.

I used Finasteride and Minoxodil 5% for a month but i experienced erectile dysfunction and loss of libido. After having a research on what was happening to me, I came to know that it was because of Finasteride. I stopped, immediately. Lucky me, i have now gained all I had before. I have now started Hair4u. This lotion has in it minoxidil 5% and aminixil 5%. after 4 months of regular and sometimes intermittent use, i dont have any positive results.

So my questions is, please advise on what can i do to retain my existing hair to the extent possible? Looking forward to your valuable advice.

I think the best you can do is to eat and and exercise to be healthy and continue to take minoxidil. Remember, rogaine can take some time to show its effects, may take up to a year to show full effect. You may shed some hairs in the beginning but it is just shedding of weaker hairs to make room for stronger hairs. Other than that, you can try using concealers to hide thinning hairs. Even using volume increasing shampoos may help to add illusion of thicker hair. Use rogaine as directed.

Thank you very much Mr. Sean. I will continue with Minoxidil. I also do regular exercise. I would appreciate if you tell me more about what else can I do. I mean, I dont have to consider finastride any more, right? What about vitamin pills and other measures. Please elaborate.

WhiSupplements such as Biotin, MSN, fish oil won't grow hair but can make your hair healthy / stronger.

You said that you gave Fin a go but only 1 month at what dose? Some guys like you had sides but then reduced there dose of Fin & sides went away & doing its job.

You need to try & get your DHT level down & if your 100% sure you can't use Fin due to sides, then you can try some natural supplements like Saw palmetto which may help to some degree.

Vitamins may react differently in each person, but folks have tried Biotin, Vitamin B complex, fish oil capsula with efa/dha , MSM in their hairloss regimen with some results making the texture overall quality of theit hair better. You can give those a shot if you are not allergic to any ingredients.

If Finasteride caused you sexual issues then you should proceed with caution. Everyone reacts differently, there were radio peraonalities that just didn't hear about such side effects, but when the maker of finasteride labeled them, they acknowledged it to listeners and what not.

Finasteride can cause side effects differently in each person where some may be reversible and some may not be. No one can say it is entirely flawless or safe to use as each person will react differently.

I found Monixodil worked super fast, probably in 4-5 months, after an initial shed. Unfortunately it can only fight so much, after 2.5 years, it stopped being as effective. Concealers on the other hand are great depending on how much hair coverage (aka real estate) you have on your head. Concealers make areas with hair appear thicker. I have used almost all the powder concealers, Caboki and Nanogen were the best from my experience, Toppik is just ok, the other two mentioned are WAY better looking and to deal with.

So minoxidil losses its effectiveness after two years, but do the hair start falling after two years? I did not understand what do you mean by the effectivness SySperling10? Do you mean that it does not causes new hair growth or that the remaining hair start falling down? Also, what about the topical finasteride, is it as effective as the pills?

So minoxidil losses its effectiveness after two years, but do the hair start falling after two years? I did not understand what do you mean by the effectivness SySperling10? Do you mean that it does not causes new hair growth or that the remaining hair start falling down? Also, what about the topical finasteride, is it as effective as the pills?

The effectiveness began to soften around the 2 or 2.5 year mark. Everyone is different and my case may have been more progressive, but Minox wasnt what it was when I started. I should also note, when I ceased usage, my hair took a drastic turn for the worse, drastic. Would I say it losses it's effectiveness after two years, for me it did, but it did drastically improve my hair during that time.

No idea about topical propecia.

The effectiveness began to soften around the 2 or 2.5 year mark. Everyone is different and my case may have been more progressive, but Minox wasnt what it was when I started. I should also note, when I ceased usage, my hair took a drastic turn for the worse, drastic. Would I say it losses it's effectiveness after two years, for me it did, but it did drastically improve my hair during that time.

No idea about topical propecia.