Unable to comprehend what Dr. Said

Yeah. I've decided to give it a try, especially after finding out about Caboki concealers.

Then depending on the progress after a year or so, I'll decide if I should go get HT.

I've seen people like you with same hairloss pattern do very well on Fin & also use Min & stick both Meds out long term.

You may be suprised of what a full 12/18 mths would do in your case.

Best wishes.

I've seen people like you with same hairloss pattern do very well on Fin & also use Min & stick both Meds out long term.

You may be suprised of what a full 12/18 mths would do in your case.

Best wishes.

Appreciate it. I'm kinda wondering what the difference between Minodixil 10% and Rogaine 5% is.

Also, I've been using "keto" shampoo since I can't seem to find Nizoral anymore....

I can tell you from my own personal experience, Minoxidil (I used standard 5%) made my scalp flaky, itchy and hard to manage. Hair loss was moderate before I had started using it, once I stopped it due to intolerable side effects, hair loss accelarated. And to make matters worse this was sometime around my marriage!!!, but good god bless her I had fallen in love with a wonderful girl who didn't even mind one bit what my corwning glory looked like in accepting me as a life partner :).

I hope you find some solution bro, good luck. In looking at your pics, hairloss doesnot look severe but is definetly diffuse. You have good head shape which makes your head look great with buzzcut.

My Thread: 

Appreciate it. I'm kinda wondering what the difference between Minodixil 10% and Rogaine 5% is.

Also, I've been using "keto" shampoo since I can't seem to find Nizoral anymore....

Never used 10% & from my understanding its no more effective than 5% maybe somebody can chime in & say different.

I use the Kirkland foam 5% without any problems unlike the OP states he lost more hair but maybe his genes was to strong for Meds & going to loose his hair nomatter what.

yes at the start you may shed some more than others but sticking with your Meds "CONSTANTLY " is the key to success.

thewalker431,

Please allow me to first say thank you for sharing your case and photos with us. That's not an easy thing to do and yet at the same time please know that your transparency is helping many other guys who surf these online communities but do not participate for personal reasons.

I must agree with some of the participants addressing your concerns that you owe it to yourself to first see how you respond to effective hair loss meds. Because if you do respond, that will help greatly in the battle against hair loss. But be careful starting any minoxidil based product above 5% strength because the initial use as well as prolonged use can potentially cause significant shedding. And obviously that would not be a good thing for any of us.

I would even recommend initially starting with 2% and then work your way up to 5% because that can help reduce the initial shock of the medication. One thing that I have observed over the years is that the individuals with diffused thinning can be more susceptible to the initial shedding that both minoxidil and even low dose finasteride can induce.

Now a couple of things. First off, I am kind of surprised that the issue of family history of MPB has not yet been brought up. This is a critical point. Take a closer look at any of them men who have hair loss in your family history. Even the females. Look at both the maternal as well as the paternal sides. If any of them show any type of diffused patterned hair loss, then you have a good barometer. Some may even have DUPA. That is Diffused Un-Patterned Alopecia.

Only a in-person exam checking/evaluating for miniaturization "throughout your entire scalp" including the donor regions will tell the real story of where you are losing, and/or subject to future loss. It is impossible to make a formal diagnosis with photos. In fact, some of the docs may suggest taking several biopsies in case they are suspicious of any alopecia not related to MPB or in addition to MPB.

But if you do have DUPA, with confirmed signs of miniaturization and diffusion in your donor areas, then you would at least know that your donor is unstable and really not suitable for transplantation. But only clinical confirmation will give you a true and full diagnosis of your condition before you start spending your hard earned money on something that may not last or be short lived.

And if your donor is unstable, than you could also potentially have regrowth/yield issues which would defeat what you are trying to accomplish.

Now I realize this gives you a lot to ponder, yet in the end you at least will have a much more accurate clinical confirmation of what you are dealing with. An that in itself can be priceless. Hopefully there will be some resolve in helping you achieve some of your goals. Sometimes we end up having to adjust those initial goals to parallel our resources with our limitations.

However if you end up deciding that surgical hair restoration is not for you at least you will be making a well informed decision.

I wish you the best in your journey my friend.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY